Maine
Options

Has anyone had a tent wedding??

Just wondering if anyone has had a sort of do it yourself tent wedding. I'm curious to know the cost of things and if it is possible to do a tent wedding on a budget. I'm really talking, tables, chairs, lighting, tent, maybe heaters. Nothing to crazy!

Re: Has anyone had a tent wedding??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a tent wedding in September 2010.  I did a lot of research on this before deciding to go with the tent  and discovered that the price is not much different than if you used an actual venue. However, that being said, I am not skimping on much. I want our tent to look just like it would if we were at an indoor facility. The area I found I will save the most money is catering since I found a caterer for almost $10 less per person than my choice indoor venue would have been. We've both always wanted the backyard at home wedding though so we decided on the tent. All together for the tent for roughly 150 people with round tables, chairs (white wooden ones so I'm splurging there since there like $2.00 more a piece than the metal folding ones), a dance floor, some lighting and two heaters we are going to spend around $2,500 and that's through Are You Ready To Party in Waterville and they were the cheapest I could find. We are getting our linens and china through the caterer (MUCH cheaper). I think if you went SUPER basic that you could probably get the set-up for around $1,500-$2,000. Oh yeah, we are also going with the frame tent which is more expensive than the pole tent because I think the pole tents look like you're going to the circus (no offense to anyone that has used a pole tent!). I hope this helps and I'm more than happy to answer any other questions you might have! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey There,I looked into it and it was going to be about $1000 for a tent +$50 set-up fee, then tables, chairs (average ones), and a dance floor was going to be about another $750.  We were going to  have paper plates, napkins, table cloths, and utensils.  Basically, I could do a tent and have it catered and all for the same price I'm paying at Mariner's.  I'm not sure you save a lot, but you can personalize the whole thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards