40-Plus Brides
Options

Give me snark

By the time FI and I marry next year, I'll be 41. We hope for kids, but don't have the financial resources for medical procedures or adoption if things don't happen naturally. Now that we're engaged, everyone is understandably asking about our plans for children. Most get the hint when I smile and say, "We'll see." But when people start getting persistent, I get all flustered and say stuff like "How should I know? It's not like my eggs are farm fresh." So... does anyone have other suggested responses? Polite or otherwise? I'm getting frustrated.

Re: Give me snark

• Options
    Lucy HC  love!  I am bursting!
  • Options
    I'm also 41, and the only people who have asked are people who are close to me so I answer truthfully that we hope to have kids :)
  • Options
    Just tell whoevers asking (and its usually a woman) that you were hoping to ask HER to be a surrogate for you two and you're so glad she brought it up!

:)
  • Options
    I've also gotten the question - I'm 42 and FI is 43.

We discussed early on in our relationship if we wanted kids (we don't).  I've also had surgery in the past where I had an ovary removed and more recently some additional surgery where I cannot have children.  When I am asked I simply reply "No, that is not in our plans." 

When you are asked you could reply simply "If we are blessed with children we would be very happy to have them."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards