Maine
Options

meeting the dj for the first time.. help

I am meeting our  possible DJ *jeff Rockwell* for the first time on Sunday.. to ask questions, get to know him, etc. But since like most of you, this is my first time doing this.. I am kind of nervous and don't know what to ask/say. So my question- what did you talk about with your dj on the first meeting.And- those of you had are having or had jeff rockwell- what was the first meeting like.Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: meeting the dj for the first time.. help

• Options
    Krissie117Krissie117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd ask what his style is.  If he kind of just blends into the background and plays music, or if he does games and trys to get the crowd dancing.  See how he feels about requests (some DJs can be finicky about them, they feel like "their experience" should be good enough and don't like to take requests from people at the wedding).  Obviously, ask about his fees and how long he stays for, and what his charges are for any extra time.  Find out what his attire would be.  Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MaineMayBrideMaineMayBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask him for references.I would ask him to run your through what he does at the wedding, what time he needs to set up, is he familar with your venue, what suggestions he has for the plan for the evening...such as when you want him to announce the cake cutting, first dance, etc...the dj is an important part of making sure you use the time you have for your wedding wisely...the time goes by too quick!! Make sure you and him are on the same page for all of this!!Also ask him whether or not you can pick your own music, certain songs for certain dances, what kind of music library he has. Any music you don't want him to play, any music you really want to hear, etc!Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I met with Jeff he was really easy going and just awesome to talk too. I had already talked to a few of his references (everyone told me he was great) before meeting with him. We also had a mutual friend that had originally referenced him. During our first meeting Jeff told me about the different options and ideas he had, suggestions on where he would set up the equipment, and I told him some of my ideas for music choices. It was a good meeting, and it made it an easy choice to pick him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards