Canada
Options

Littlin

Hey...so I was checking our your planning bio and saw that you and your FI met at Queen's and are getting married on August 7 2010 in Toronto... FI and I also met at Queen's (he was Comm '04, I'm ArtSci '05) and we're getting married in Toronto on August 7th.... Kinda random....

Re: Littlin

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is CRAZY! I am ArtSci (chemistry)'06 and he is Eng '06. Small world for sure! Where are you getting married, and how is the planning going?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club on Toronto Island.  We've been living in London England for the past 5 years so planning has been a little more difficult being away from home.  We just returned from 2.5 weeks in Canada though and I managed to get a lot accomplished: Day of Coordinator, Officiant, florist, photographer and most importantly my dress :-)We'll be home at Christmas again so hopefully I'll be able to take care of the other details...half my bridesmaids are in London and half in Canada so getting dresses has been a little tricky!Judging by your planning bio, you've been able to do a lot! You website is great...I have to admit that I spent a fair amount of time last night stalking it and reading your blog
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww thanks! To be honest I can't really take credit for the layout or HTML stuff on the blog - Weebly is incredibly easy to use and you just drag and drop everything you want - paragraphs, pictures, collages, maps, etc. I am not really a computer person but I was able to put that together - so definitely look into it! I have done a lot of THINKING for the wedding but have yet to put a lot into action. We have the venue, photographer, and dresses for the girls and myself. We are looking into live bands right now which is proving difficult (very expensive or not very modern - lots of old stuff on their repetoire, nothing new). We have a florist but don't need to pick flowers until the new year. So far so good...my FI's job is the music, so it's taking a while - he's not crazy like me in terms of organization. I think it's the teacher in me that helps with this planning stuff. Keep me posted on the plans. The yatch club will be BEAUTIFUL and your colour scheme sounds really fun!
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, and I also know about the overseas issues with the wedding party. One of my bridesmaids is in New Zealand so I had to order her dress for her - I told her to take every measurement she could of her body to help. I'll have to ship it to her once it comes in before Christmas. My FI also has a groomsman from London, England. Boys are easy, though, I'm not too worried about their attire at this point!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies!! I saw your convo and couldn't help but jump in! We are in Kingston right now - he did his med school here and now he's doing his residency. We are getting married on July 24 in TO. We're looking for a live band too (I mentioned to you, we are having our reception at the Royal York (Imperial Room) too...what room are you in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same room - we are seeing a band this week and a few weeks later - I'll let you know after we see them if they are worth looking into!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards