Snarky Brides
Options

FB wedding invite

So I thought I had my fill of ridiculous with the two-ton fried chicken giveaway, but I was delightfully mistaken!

I just received a FB event invite and the title is... Our Big Fat Redneck Wedding Reception.

Highlights: This is not a invitation to the wedding, it is a backyard reception only. Guests are asked to bring a covered dish. There will be a bounce castle.

I think I will confirm.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FB wedding invite

• Options
    Those bouncy houses can get out of control.

Sounds like a blast.
  • Options
    I'd go.  My niece is getting married in october and my brother promised it would be "a real redneck wedding."  I can't wait. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:9ebab698-96dc-4194-951d-829959b1c0cf">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bouncy house + alcohol = <strong>broken ribs.</strong>
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Fixed.
  • Options
    I would TOTALLY go! 
    Backyard receptions are awesome, glad to know there are people out there who understand that being with the people you love is more important than going into enormous debt for a one day event.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm definitely going. It's the weekend before our wedding too. All knottie FB friends are cordially invited.
  • Options
    Where is this awesome wedding? And please say I can be your +2 (because I'm sure your FI will want to see this hilljack debauchery).
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like my kind of reception. A bounce house? Why didn't I think of that? We totally would have had room for one!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:cc695e55-439e-4919-a089-91b961e380f2">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where is this awesome wedding? And please say I can be your +2 (because I'm sure your FI will want to see this hilljack debauchery).
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes. He is going. Come on down to the sunny side of Indiana.
  • Options
    I think you have to go. If nothing else, for the bouncy house.
  • Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and be the wet blanket and advise against your entrance to the bouncy house. I just picture a Marcia Brady football to the face thing occurring, and I just can't have that happening to you a week before your wedding.
  • Options
    MILF (can't help myself)- YGPM!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:77a44249-5610-4dbf-8f33-74380ab5e26a">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm gonna go ahead and be the wet blanket and advise against your entrance to the bouncy house. I just picture a Marcia Brady football to the face thing occurring, and I just can't have that happening to you a week before your wedding.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Oh my nose! You are wise. I will avoid the bounce house. But I will be in attendance. Because I just have to be. I cannot resist.
  • Options
    A {very} distant relative of mine sent a wedding invite via facebook.  She lives in Utah and her wedding is taking place there, but she is having a reception here for the Florida family (i.e. everyone except her parents).  She sent said wedding invite to EVERYONE on her friend list.  The whole family was confused.  I don't for the life of me know how people get to be so effing stupid.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mara, YGPM back.
  • Options
    I would be at that wedding in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    I wouldn't miss this party if I were you, please take pictures.

I got a text message last Thursday inviting me to wedding in Colorado....tomorrow.  People are awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:c9e0f2b3-98b3-4af1-a8c7-b66f5dc180bd">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mara, YGPM back.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

And also with you.
  • Options
    Dmiller, that's weird. But who has a wedding on a Wednesday?

Mara, I'm blowing you up.
  • Options
    OMG, the "Reception Only" invite was on Facebook? Not Cranes stationary AND it is reception only? They want people to bring a dish?

Don't tell the Etiquette Police, just don't say anything!

Seriously, this sounds like one fun event. Enjoy!

I am off to hopefully get my home Internet connection back sometime tonight.
  • Options
    Please to be taking photos and bringing them back.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:7b6ced98-acc4-4d29-a5fc-e890fe2380da">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please to be taking photos and bringing them back.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

I'll take photos or convince Mara to be my +1.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:00576669-4729-4ca3-9692-d66870396eef">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FB wedding invite : I'll take photos or convince Mara to be my +1.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

I'll do it, I swear!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:679b26fd-3d67-4979-a8b2-c29c663952d4">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FB wedding invite : I'll do it, I swear!
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

It is a <em>public</em> event, afterall.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fb-wedding-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:81f04161-4965-438e-bf28-ced92d9ae64ePost:620fb65f-b76a-4a25-8de4-f5f8e932df36">Re: FB wedding invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't miss this party if I were you, please take pictures. I got a text message last Thursday<strong> inviting me to wedding in Colorado....tomorrow</strong>.  People are awesome!
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I get off early on Wednesdays, I can crash it for you if you want...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Has anyone seen 4 Christmases, all I can think of is Reese Witherspoon in the bouncy house freaking out! Have fun, sounds like a great time. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards