Indiana-Indianapolis

Restaurant Recs in Downtown Indy

Hello Ladies,   I am having my b-party in downtown Indy & wanted to ask if anyone has any recommendations for a good restaurant for a Saturday evening? I am not from there & looking for something other than a chain. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!  

Re: Restaurant Recs in Downtown Indy

• edited December 2011
    Santorini's in Fountain Square is a wonderful restaurant if you like Greek food- it is family owned and has been in business for years.   Also Agio which is closer to the heart of downtown (on Mass Ave) is supposed to be wonderful Italian.  Another great place (not a chain) is Bazbeaux- it is a pizza place but with crazy, fancy toppings as well as traditional ones.  It is more casual, but very funky and fun along with being the best pizza in town.  It is also on Mass Ave with lots of bars and taverns within walking distance and clubs a short cab ride or drive away. 
  • edited December 2011
    Here are my favorite locally owned restaurants:Rathskeller:  You can hang out in the biergarten afterwards.  Usually have live bands on the weekends out there.  This one will be great if you want to go out on Mass Ave afterwards.Scotty's Brewhouse:  Also has a great patio.  Not sure if they have live music on the weekend though (they do on Thursdays).  This is located just N. of Conseco.Have Fun!
  • edited December 2011
    You much check out Buggs Temple-Euphoria Cafe or Creation Cafe depending on your style and budget. The setting is fabulous on the canal! Have fun.  
  • edited December 2011
    FI & I really like the Cafe' on the canal.  Only negative, they don't have a large menu and usually only have 3-4 entrees, different every time.  Good food though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards