Ohio-Toledo
Options

Hilton Garden Inn Levis Commons

Is anyone on hear getting married 09.26.09 at the Hilton? I would love to chat because i'm getting married the day before you and i have to move my ceremony as well because of double booking. TIA

Re: Hilton Garden Inn Levis Commons

• Options
    23KellyW23KellyW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married on that date but we booked the HGI for next year... I hear it's a common thing to have more than one wedding there per day  :o(  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have another wedding on our day  :o\ Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you having your ceremony and reception there? And now you need to relocate your ceremony? I am having my reception there on 06.12.10 and found out they are having another reception and ceremony there that day, which was booked months after mine.  What is the resolution that was given to you?
  • Options
    23KellyW23KellyW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    clark897:  we were told that if there was another ceremony/wedding that night that it would be clearly marked which way guests should go and that there would be enough space in common areas for people not to get confused and go into the wrong wedding... although i was there last sunday for the bridal show and i only saw 1 set of bathrooms --- which both weddings would need to share   :o( so i can see were confusion would come in and guests would be turned around... the WC said that they have had weddings where the guests of the different wedding know each other and have "hung out" together in the area where the coctail hour is... I was the first to book for our date so we had the first choice of reserving the outdoor area and the piano.... i can't imagine the coctail hour being at the same time though... i would think that they would bump one wedding up or back an hour?!?!
  • Options
    23KellyW23KellyW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry that is all in bold... not sure what was going on there  :o\
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no what happened was we are getting married and having our reception there. This wasn't the Hiltons fault this was the management company of Levis they double booked our ceremony site with a fashion show. The show istn' until Saturday but the need to set up for it Friday night which is our night. It's outside under the lights...but now its the next courtyard over with the checker board. Hilton is doing everything in there power to make our day special. I was worried about having dueling wedding reception with bands or djs but i don't have to worry about that luckily. The reason why i posted this was because the fashion show is on saturday which i found out there was supposed to be a wedding there too but obvioulsy can't so i wanted to see what they were doing for her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, I hope nobody booked a wedding for Saturday night and now is having to get the whole reception shuffled around.  As for the duel booking, Jenny mentioned that she didn't think band and noise would be a problem with double weddings. I was wondering if anyone had attended/experienced it at the Hilton so they can provide their opinion vs. what the WC says. Also, my concern was for the other person who booked their ceremony outdoors and if the weather doesn't permit where will the ceremony be located if my rooms are already being set up with florist, linens, etc. 
  • Options
    23KellyW23KellyW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were to rain the ceremony would probably be in the couples reception area???  We are having ceremony and reception in the same room... Once the ceremony is over, and people are out in the cocktail area, the HGI flips everything to make it into the reception site! There was a fee for that but, they do it all... (which is a relief)! I wanted it to be outdoor no one wanted to risk the weather...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well ours is outside but they said that it can take place in a parlor if it is not being used, and as of right now there is no one in the other room so thats good, Or they said they can clear out the dining area by the lobby and it could take place ther which i hated that idea, so fingers crossed that the weather will be perfect and we don't have to deal with the situation.
  • Options
    23KellyW23KellyW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we have good weather like it has been lately -- you will be set!! I really wanted the outdoor wedding but I guess October is not always a predictible month :o(  I'm sure everything will work out for you! It's such a beautiful location and really has a little bit of everything (for everyone)... The WC (Jenny) has been very accomodating and helpful throughout the process... And it's nice that they do so much for the bride and groom... I thought that the wedding package was perfect! What do you brides think??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there on August 8th.  I was at a wedding in the two big rooms and they had another wedding in the smaller section of the main ballroom.  We had our cocktail hour in the patio area and the foyer area just inside the patio area.  The other wedding had their cocktail hour all the way on the other side of the small ballroom...their foyer area is huge so basically the wedding i attended had the front foyer and patio and the other wedding had the foyer on the west side of the building.  I didn't notice any "mixing" of the 2 cocktail hours and they were at the same time.  Couldn't hear the other reception going on all night either.  Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    23KellyW23KellyW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... I didn't mean to imply that guests from different weddings were hanging out with each other all evening --- just that some guests happened to know each other from the different weddings and mingled.  The bridal show a couple weeks ago had loud music for fashion show, I couldn't hear anything when I was in the bathroom  :o)  I'm keeping fingers crossed that there are no other weddings but, I'm sure there will be -- no biggie though... The location is just perfect for us! I have no doubt that there is plenty of space for multiple functions to go on at the same time... ;o) But it's always good to be reassured!! Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Went to are wedding reception at the Levis Hilton in July.  That particular night there were two receptions being held.  The staff had signage that clearly marked which weddings were held in the different halls, as well has having staff on alert for those parties who seemed confused as to where to go.  From a  guest point of view my only complaint was that the hall doors were not unlocked for the guest to sit during the cocktail hour.  This particular wedding was large....250 + guests, which made for a congested area in the hallways where the grazing stations were set up.  The congested area then led to heat and humidity for the seniors who really needed a seat and the A/C.  Other than that the hall was beautiful and the food was absolutely wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards