Louisiana-New Orleans

Dress Shops

I am an OOT bride and will be visiting New Orleans in a few months with my maid of honor. Any recommendations for places we may be able to find a good deal on a MOH dress?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Shops

• edited January 2012
    TBH for a good deal, I'd check out DB and the Vera Wang selection there. I don't think you need to go to NOLA to find her a MOH dress that is nice.

But if you want something unique and special, try Yvonne LaFleur. They include alterations in the price and have a beautiful selection... Just be warned, they will tell you that EVERYTHING looks good on you... So definitely make sure to share your honest opinion with your MOH when she's trying on dresses there, otherwise she will have a harder time choosing. I try to always go in there with a friend, just so someone can bring me back down to earth. The girls at Yvonne's always make you feel like a supermodel... maybe you and your MOH are, but I am not!;)

Edit: spelling. I'm 0 for 2 today with spelling...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you're looking for a deal, there is no place with better deals than Pearl's.  For experience, I really like Bridal Boutique by Mae Me and Olivier Couture. 
  • I agree. You cant beat the deals at Pearls Place. It can be chaos in there, so I recommend getting there when they open if y ou dont want to wait.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_dress-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:c89d6506-8d18-4d16-930b-1e17b250d1dbPost:a94f332d-0a29-4792-a341-f6f02e8f6d69">Re: Dress Shops</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're looking for a deal, there is no place with better deals than Pearl's.  For experience, I really like Bridal Boutique by Mae Me and Olivier Couture. 
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard really awful things about the customer service at Pearl's Place, but I've never been so I couldn't say for certain. Bustles & Bows is located in the same area and has wonderful reviews.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Second the recommendation for MaeMe. Customer service is second to none.

If youre on the northshore at any point, I also recommend Olivier Couture
  • I got my BM dresses at David's and it was a complete mess with terrible service. The Vera Wang collection is nice, but DB sucks.  I've heard great things about MaeMe and would probably go that route if I had to do it again.
  • I love MaeMe!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Walked into DB, had a terrible customer service experience, walked out 5 minutes later. Pearl's Place had great customer service and found me THE dress, in my price range, immediately.
  • They have an alterations person now.  My mom just ordered her mother of the bride dress from there the other week.  The alterations are not free, but they knocked the price down so they could match Pearl's price with the free alterations. I'm not sure they can do that for wedding dresses though.
  • I thought that the selection at Mae Me was limited.  They do not have any alterations people in the store.  The ladies are very nice but they can be as they are not busy as Pearls is.  The selections at Pearls are very huge, but you need to go there in the middle of the week or early on Sat.  They do have alterations people there all of the time at Pearls.
  • DB is Metairie is a complete nightmare. But the one on the Northshore is actually nice by all accounts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've heard good things about yvonne la fleurs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards