Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Outside weddings in July around here? Help!

How many of you are planning on having an outside summer wedding? I used to be completely against an outside wedding, but that's really because I'm too concerned about having an outside wedding. I'm being more open to the idea, but I need clarification. Those of you who have had an outside wedding or are planning on it, how did you deal/will deal with having it outside? Do you have a secondary location that is nearby in case it rains? What do you do about the horrible heat and humidity of the summer? Do you have a tent? Is everyone under a tent? What about elderly people? Fans? (I have seen fan programs, but they are a little pricier than I wanted) Also, what time of day is best? I would assume maybe a little later afternoon/early evening.... opinions? I guess I just need some outside opinions to make sure this is a possibility.

Re: Outside weddings in July around here? Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception.  We are having everything at BlackHawk State park lodge.  It isn't quite what I had in mind when I envisioned everything but it has worked out qutie well.  The back up for us is having it actually in the lodge.  They have a very nice courtyard in the back that overlooks the Rock River.  It has outdoor electricity so you can have fans.  For the price it is worth a look. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How did your wedding go? I'm going to have the reception in Black Hawk Lodge, so I was wondering if you had any advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards