Missouri-Kansas City

Evergreen Events

Hello! Has anybody used evergreen events in paola for their venue? Or been to a wedding there? I'm waiting on an e-mail back from the lady regarding the price, they have our date available, which is fantastic. But i'm a little antsy and want to see if anyone has had any experience with them! TIA! :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Evergreen Events

• wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some of my friends had their reception there.  They were originally from Paola.  I thought the place was very nice.  It had very pretty hardwood floors and there was a nice staircase that the wedding party came down as they were being introduced into the reception.  The food was pretty good, but I don't remember all the small little details.  Are you looking at Paola for a specific reason??  It is a decent drive from Overland Park, but there's not much else in the town to do, at least I don't think so.  Anyway, the place is really nice inside.  HTH and GL!
  • edited December 2011
    They won't tell you their price until you go meet with them. I toured there last fall when I first got engaged. It's gorgeous! They have a huge space, including an upstairs that can be used for the ceremony, childcare, etc. And they cater to your every needs. It would have been my #1 choice if I could've afforded it. What they don't tell you, until you spend a lot of time oohing and awing over all the gorgeous details, is that it's $40/guest just to come to the reception. I think the cheapest alcohol option was beer & wine for $14/guest, and you have to use their caterer, who was a minimum of $20/plate (plus like 30% gratuity, taxes, etc). That was just the reception. I think it was an additional $1000 to hold the wedding there too, but I'm not positive on that price. (Prices may have increased since then too.) We were looking to have close to 200 guests so it was definitely out of our price range. But if you have the budget, definitely check it out!
  • tsargentjtsargentj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info girls! Unfourtunately that's def. not in our budget, so I guess we're going to keep looking!! I just want to find a place a book it and have it done with!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking at weddingwire.com or KansascityBio.comGood luck!!
  • tbridetobetbridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Evergreen is beautiful but it's definitely pricey... especially for just being in Paola! Here is a site you can look at for reviews and pricing of some different venues... kansas city bio [dot] com
  • edited December 2011
    What cities in particular are you looking at?  We looked at a LOT of venues and I could probably give you some suggestions depending on which area you are wanting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards