Just Engaged and Proposals

Help me propose please?

OK ladies! I need your help please. I am without a doubt the most unromantic, nonplanning guy in the world - I just can't help it no matter how hard I try. My lovely girlfriend on the other hand, is a hopeless romantic, wedding dreaming, loves love kind of lady. She always seems to plan ahead, and I don't (to be honest, I think I've only surprised her once).Now I want to propose to her soon but I want to add some surprise and romance in the mix. Why? Cause she already knows it's coming (we went ring shopping together, I let her pick out her dream ring) and cause I blurted out that I wanted to do it Labor Day Weekend on our vacation at our favorite log cabin. She's always dreamed of a proposal story that she can be proud of and tell people about, so I want to give that to her, she deserves that. Will you please help me by giving me some romantic ideas to surprise her with? She's on this site (but not the forums yet) so can you please email me the ideas at helphimpropose@gmail.com so that she won't see them please? I'd really appreciate all the help possible.Some background info about us and the weekend:She loves chocolates, peonies, candles (she has loads of them), horses, all animals, aquariums, tea, all things green (the color), breakfast, swimming, romance movies (I've been meaning to take her to see The Time Traveler's Wife as it is her all time favorite book), driving, site seeing, our puppy (we just got a Schnauzer that is her baby), reading, exploring new places, photography (she's always taking a thousand pictures), music (especially acoustic songs), art (she's a painter), she absolutely loves baths and bath products, loves amusement parks, nailpolish (she's addicted to collecting colors and painting her nails), vampires, cooking, flowers in general, and she's an internet addict.Now, we're moving into our new apartment this weekend, painting all weekend (if that could be worked into it somehow?) and going on vacation Labor day weekend to our favorite log cabin in the Shenandoah Valley. We've been there before and it's always really romantic (fireplace, hot tub, jacuzzi bath for two, amazing view), she mentioned it would be a perfect place to get engaged so I was hoping to do it there, though it will be hard. It's in the middle of nowhere (an hour to the "local" Walmart), on dirt roads and far from any civilization so we'll most likely stay there all weekend and relax. I can get her out for a few hours by dropping her off at the spa for whatever she wants to do there if I need to prepare things (flowers, canles, etc). So if I do propose there, I need to plan it in advance (HELP!!). Also, we'll be driving up for two hours with our puppy so any planning items would need to be able to be hidden in the car ride. We'll be there for five days, maybe some tourist stuff thrown in.Do you have any ideas? PLEASE? I'd totally appreciate any help. Please share some romantic ways to propose that I can't think of. If you want to know more, or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you so much,Tom

Re: Help me propose please?

• edited December 2011
    My fiance knows how much I love ice cream, Cold Stone Creamery in particular.  I wanted to try an ice cream cake from there, but I never got around to buying one.  My fiance bought an ice cream cake and put a ring box on top.  My room mates ended up being home, so he actually proposed in the parking lot of my apartment complex.  I loved it!For you, I would actually suggest doing it before Labor Day because she won't expect it.  While you are painting, send her out of the room, and write "Will You Marry Me?" on the wall.  Be on one knee with the ring when she comes back in.  I think that would be romantic.  If you don't do that, I would definately suggest going down on one knee.  Everyone asked me that afterwards, so I was glad he did that, even if it was in my parking lot!Good luck!!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I sent you an email after reading this in chit chat.  You can post anywhere and congrats! I think that going to the theater would be your best bet.  I would say have everyone that is important to you and her there in the theater.  You arrive early and sit closer to the front.  Have everyone you care about arrive after the lights go down and at the end sit and watch the credits.  Have someone that you know bring flowers to give to her.  When everyone but the people that you invited to come leave stand up to go and she will see all of them there.  Get the flowers that they could have placed at the end of the aisle for you and give those to her and get down on one knee and say all of those things that you should say and ask her to marry you.  Then go out to your favorite resturant.
  • edited December 2011
    Kann how funny I was going to suggest something similar... although I think it's from the movie jersey girls.  Still sweet idea.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    YGM!! I hope you love my idea...I think it will blow her away! I do not want to share it here in case she ventures onto the boards and that is ruins the surprise. GL!
  • richsangelrichsangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boyfriend did something really sweet it wasnt for our proposal but our "first time" together but he took white rose petals (real) and layed them on the bed and then with red rose petals spelled out I love you...all while I was in the bathroom changing and he had lit candles all over the room so if she was going to be "busy" for about 15 mins you could lite candles (lots of tealights would be really awesome) and take rose petals and spell out "marry me?" on the bed and sprinkle a different color petals all over the rest of the bed...or even if shes gone have petals leading from the door to the bed...and this would give you a good chance to have somethin set up for camera or camcorder...another idea is cut the bud off a rose and set the ring in it and then give her the rosebud with the ring in it...my fiance did this and he had our song playin and the camcorder goin (we went to Niagara falls for our 1 yr. and i just assumed he was gettin video like he always does...and then he proposed)If you wanted to use real just buy roses and peel the petals off and keep them in a ziplog bag in the fridge until u leave...(if you use different colors put them in seperate bags)...but the silk ones are really nice too! Hope this helps and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i sent you an email!  good luck!  can't wait to hear how things work out!
  • edited December 2011
    So any updates? what did you end up planning?
  • gadziegadzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes what did you end up doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards