Missouri-Kansas City

I need some help looking for............

I am looking for like a small church or something that woud be very romantic for a ceremony. I dont want a lot of people there so it would be a small wedding. The wedding date is in December so it will be a winter wedding. I dont want to drive everywhere to find something. My fience's family is in St. Joe and my family is in johnson county ks so I need something that kind of meets in the middle. So if anyone knows of any places that I can go look or if there is a website that would be great. Thanks

Re: I need some help looking for............

• wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might check out Salem Lutheran Church in Lenexa.  It's not in between the two, but it is a very cute little church.  It was too small for mine, and they're doing some construction on it right now, but they said it should be done by early December.  There's a picture of it on the internet and they said it would hold maybe 200.  It does not look that big though.  There is also Colonial Church in Prairie Village.  It is very quaint I thought, but my FI thought it was too small.  You might also look at Country Club Christian Church down on Ward PKWY in KC, MO.  The actual Sanctuary is pretty big, but I've heard that they have a smaller chapel that is very pretty.  The church that I'm getting married at is Countryside Christian Church in Mission, KS.  Still in Johnson County, but its beautiful and has a very romantic feel.  It's not huge, but its not really small either.  It'll hold around 275, but it would not look empty with a smaller wedding.  At least I don't think it would.  There are websites for every church I said, and they all allow non-member weddings (which was a problem that I ran into with some churches).   I understand not wanting to drive around everywhere, that's what I had to do, and it was a PAIN!!  Good Luck!!
  • dimples95dimples95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The WynBrick in Liberty,  Mo very small intimate for ceremony and reception
  • edited December 2011
    Try this one...it's in Brookside, white church that sits up on a small hill...very New England-y looking on the outside:http://www.cccucc.com/LifeEvents/HolyUnion/tabid/49270/Default.aspx
  • edited December 2011
    What about the chapel at Powell Gardens? It kind of looks big on the outside, but it doesn't hold very many guests, and I think it has an intimate feel to it.
  • raelynn1880raelynn1880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Pilgrim Chapel in KC? It holds 72 guests.  http://www.pilgrimchapel.org/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards