Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Stunning locations?

Hi ladies - I'm not from Mass. , but my fiance and I are looking to hold a New England beach wedding next September. We're looking in Maine, NH and the Cape Cod part of Mass. Since I'm not from the area, I'd love to get some feedback on great beach locations and possible hotels/resorts! Our main emphasis is on having a great relaxed time with our family/friends (everyone would be traveling into town for this) but still a pretty location for the ceremony with the chance for some stunning pictures.....thoughts?Thank you!

Re: Stunning locations?

• edited December 2011
    http://www.wequassett.com/Chatham Bars Inn Wychmere Harbor ClubEdgewater
  • edited December 2011
    popponnesset inn , Mashpee, ma....hth....good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I would agree with all of the above and add inn Ocean Edge, The Lighthouse Inn, and the Dennis Inn.
  • edited December 2011
    So many amazing choices! My wedding reception was at the Wequassett, and our pictures are gorgeous. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Chatham Bars Inn, but then again, I might be pretty biased... ;)  Pics in bio if you want an idea of what it looks like.There are sooo many beautiful locations around the Cape - all of the ones previously mentioned are just beautiful.  You could also check out Chatham Wayside Inn, Willowbend Country Club, Captain Linnell House, and Chequessett Country Club.Any chance you might consider heading to either Nantucket or MV?  If so, the White Elephant on Nantucket is just gorgeous.GL! :)
  • jlb73jlb73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Walkby theH20....those pictures are stunning!! I may have just fallen in love with the Boathouse at Chatham Bars! My only concern is I will need to keep the ceremony/reception under 12 k - do you reckon that's possible at Chatham? Lovely pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Under 12K just knocked out almost every place listed above.... Places that may be possible are Coomanesett Inn, Dennis Inn, Lighthouse Inn. For places like Ocean Edge, CBI, Boathouse... you are looking at a min of 40K. Poppenesset Inn, Willowbend, and New Seabury CC - you would be around 20K. There are many beautiful places in Maine and NH that may be less?!?! I know you didn't mention this location, but Warwick Country Club could be around 14K and is rigfht on the water - it's absolutely gorgeous. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, pp is pretty much right about costs.  12K might be hard, especially at CBI (although we definitely did NOT spend anywhere close to 40K).  How big do you think your wedding is going to be?  If it's going to be a smaller wedding, then I would say you could probably find somewhere on the Cape to fit your budget.  Or, if the location is really important to you, maybe you can spend a little more on the venue and cut costs elsewhere.
  • edited December 2011
    oh my - I did totally forget to ask you how many guest you were having. Although I can tell you Willowbend has minimum of 175 guest, and Poppenesset has min spending of $13,500 + $6K site fee and just slightly less for the country club at New Seabury. I know Ocean Edge has a 40K minimum for large ballroom, but are slightly more flexible with smaller spaces. On second thought - my biggest recommendation to you would be - If you really want a Cape Cod wedding, would you consider a Friday or Sunday? That helps keep cost low across the board. Sorry, I did not mean to be discouraging. I just know you said you were not from around here so was trying to give you as much info as possible. Definitely call different venues and have them e-mail you their packages/pricing. Good luck!
  • jlb73jlb73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding party is 35 people which I believe is on the smaller size. I am aiming for 12k (but have 15k in the budget - however also have to factor in flights etc). What sort of site rental fees, as well as ceremony/reception fees were involved with Chatham Bars? Would anyone know if you have to reserve a certain number of rooms as a part of the wedding package? WalkbytheH2O, I really appreciate your candor - if its too pricey, then I need to come to terms with it and move on! If you're comfortable disclosing some of the costs (completely understand if you are not!), could you email me? jenny_bucholz at hotmail dot com Thank you for all of your help ladies :-) Also…as an alternative would anyone know if private houses are available to rent for a wedding?
  • jlb73jlb73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also...we'd be coming down for the week, so a Friday or a Sunday are both options! Thanks again!
  • cherish105cherish105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Red Jacket Beach Resort in South Yarmouth.  They do require a certain amount of rooms booked, but not if you choose a Sunday.  We got married right on their private beach.  I know we had a minimum of 75 people.  But they have a smaller venue 1/2 a mile away that is still on the beach and I think holds about 50.   It might be the Blue River, but I'm not positive(there are a LOT of Red Jacket properties in that area) 
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely recommend the Beach Plum Inn on Martha's Vineyard. If you don't want to go all the way to the island definitely do Chatham Bars or Wequasett.
  • edited December 2011
    OK - so sorry. I was expecting like 100 guest. 35 people will give you a ton of options and I can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to accomplish this with 12-15K. Most places will send you there packages and pricing over e-mail... I would contact them directly so you have all the exacts on the spaces you are looking at. Good luck again!
  • edited December 2011
    With a smaller wedding you should look into the Ocean House in Dennisport, they do Sunday weddings right on the ocean and amazing food. I loved the Dennis Inn where I was married, but it is about 1/2 away from Ocean. Saturday night is a $100 person minium, you could do sunday which is cheaper but for saturday just reception cost at Dennis Inn was $15k
  • edited December 2011
    I apologize 1/2 a mile from the beach and 100 person min for saturday night wedding
  • edited December 2011
    Beachmoor inn in Bourne, always gets good reviews....GL
  • jla23jla23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a small 40 person wedding at CBI in October (on a Sunday as well).  We are renting a house for the weekend as well that all of our friends are staying at too-it sleeps 18 people. At CBI we considered the Boathouse the rental price was $2k for the space, but they also have a great room off of the main dining room that we really loved, and it was $1k.  As for the food, it is coming to about $110 per person including cake.  We are doing an open bar, but paying per consumption so that will be tallied after the party.  We are looking at about $6k at CBI.  You could certainly be at that with them, I am working with Rick who is great and has been flexiable.  If you want me to email you the menus, I am more than happy to do so. Also, here is the website for the house we are renting: http://www.seetheproperty.com/48291GLjess
  • jlb73jlb73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Jess - thank you!  I have hope yet!It sounds like you are planning the same type of event that I hope to have!  Would you keep me posted on how it goes?I have contacted the CBI - hopefully once I get their wedding package I will have a better idea of my potential costs. Thanks!
  • jla23jla23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yes there is hope!  There are not many pics online of the small room we are using, but the views are great.  you also get the use of the beach for pics and all the charm that goes along with it!  I really wanted more of a dinner party than a wedding feel so that is why it was perfect.  I will keep you updated!!
  • edited December 2011
    YGM!  With 35 people, I think CBI is definitely a possibility. :)
  • erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also second the Ocean House in Dennis.  My guest list grew too large but it's a really great right on the water location and I know the food is excellent. 
  • natalienorbutnatalienorbut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your budget would fit in nicely at the place I have chosen for my 8/14/2010 wedding reception.  It's in Dennisport and I'm getting married across the street on the beach.Good Luck!http://www.seaviewcapecod.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards