Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Share your Reception Time Line!

I am trying to finalize our reception time line and I thought it would be great to see what all you lovely ladies are planning to do, or did at your weddings.  I really want the reception to flow very well and never have anyone wondering what is going on or what we are doing.  TIA!!BP Arrive to Country ClubBP IntroductionsCake CuttingBenedictionDinnerToasts (right after the very last guests received their meal)First DanceParent's DancesBouquet Toss/Garter Toss2-3 hours of DancingBride & Groom Exit
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Share your Reception Time Line!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's exactly the order we did everything in, except we had no bouquet/garter toss, and the flow was really good. 
  • Options
    kj313kj313 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did that order as well, the only exceptions being that we did toasts after dinner and we did the bouquet/garter tosses after about 30 min to an hour of everyone dancing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with about that same timeline~ I am not sure on the bouquet toss just yet. For the gart we are doing an auction, so it may be later after everyone has been into the adult beverages :). We have a 6p.m. ceremony, and hoping to be eating by 7:30, so I won't be adding much in there if we plan to dance or socialize at all. We are still debating a dollar dance too, we need to make some final decisions.
  • Options
    MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our timeline looked very similar to yours.IntroductionsImmediate cake cuttingBuffet lineToastsFirst DanceParent's danceTable to table to thank everyone (we did this in lieu of a recieving line. In retrospect, not a great spot to stick this, as many people were up and dancing etc, away from the tables, so that kind of made it difficult).DancingBouquet/GarterDancingDollar DanceDancingWe intermittenly (sp?) did the bouquet/garter and dollar dance, to try and not stop the fun for long periods of time.Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards