African American Weddings
Options

I LOST my engagment ring

On Christmas eve I lost my e-ring. I have search everywhere. I didn't go far before I realized I didn't have it. FI said don't stress he will buy me another one, but I would have to wait until the summer. Which is understandable. We get married in September, I thinking I should by a phony ring until then

What do you think: wait or wear the phony? I must admit my hand does feel naked lol FI doesn't even seem mad and that just seem crazy

Ladies get insurance on your ring I didn't think I was going to need it Cry
Anniversary
161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1

Re: I LOST my engagment ring

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh…I hate you lost your ring, hopefully, you’ll be able to find it. This is one of my biggest fears losing my ring, so I totally understand where you‘re coming from. As for going with a phony or going without I honestly would go with the phony. Like you said it feels funny not haven’t it on. Plus you’ll know why you’re wearing it and who cares what other’s think if they‘re not understanding. Good Luck in finding your ring, if nothing else a replacement until your FI gets you another one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    Vanessa AVanessa A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah Man, sorry you lost your ring. Frown I hope you find it soon. That is one of my biggest fears. I know the feeling about your finger being naked, it took forever for me to get used to it, so now I just keep it on for everything. As far as getting a fake one, if that's what u're feeling, go for it. With the way they are designed these days, no one would know. I had a friend whose engagement ring was fake for her whole engagement, she didn't get the real one until her wedding. We didn't know until she said something about the new one that matched the band. If you're feeling like getting a fake one, talk with FI first to make sure he's ok with it. Good luck with finding your ring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww sorry you lost your ring. Thank God FI isn't upset about it. I agree with PB get a phony ring. Go to overstock.com they have some really nice cz rings. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy that you Fi si not upset!!  My FI would go BANANAS if I lost my ring.  I woudl get a phony jsut so that you dont get strange looks from people who know that you are engaged.  Good luck!  I Sincerily hope that you find it!!  Either way it will make for an interesting story to tell you kids one day!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you lost your ring:( Thank heavens the fi isnt upset. Dont buy a phony ring, wait until he buys the new one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi fellow Philly Bride!  Sorry to hear you lost your e- ring but, question?  Do you think FI may be planning on upgrading you as a surprise since he is not upset?  IDK what type of you ring you had but, it is a possibility. 

As far as the phony, I say go for it, as long as he is fine..try QVC outlet in DE, Prices Corner, they have nice CZ in gold, silver, or platinum plated at really low prices (think way under $100- my lil sister wears one as her wedding ring and no one knows unless told).

I pray you find your ring as I know it has more sentimental attachment than anything.  

BTW- The insurance idea is always a good idea-  FI actually had my e-ring insured before it hit my finger.  Ladies, you can always call your homeowner's insurance agent and have your ring added to the policy ..Mrs. JJohnson2B is so right.
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember I lost my ring but fortunately it had only fallen behind the microwave and it was only missing for a few days.

In the meantime, I put my promise ring back on but it just didnt feel the same.

If you feel like you should get a phony, then go for it.

I am shocked that FI isnt mad (my FI practically flipped) but I agree with PP...perhaps he was going to upgrade or get something new...you never know.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards