Wedding Woes
Options

Dumb doctor

Well not really, but whatever.

The labs came back from my blood test and my 3 month average shows that i most likely did not have the beetis before pregnancy. I just need another A1c 2 months after delivery to confirm. I told H I didn't feel like I had any warning signs, but w/e.

I still need to maintain decent levels through pregnancy though so this was a good wake up call. I took AF's snack and meal ideas and started that this weekend. i forgot how good peanut butter and crackers was! And that was a life saver when my blood sugar hit 49 midmorning yesterday. 

I'm doing the low glycemic index thing, too which is boring as fck to read, but really helpful. And Busy was right, holy shiit @ raisin bran being worse for you than cookies or pasta (as far as the way it affects your blood sugar)

So anyway, yay for it being only gestational at this point, gracias for the advice.

Re: Dumb doctor

• Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was so confused by the raisin bran, my sugar would jump but I would be fine with Lucky Charms.  WTH at raisin bran having more sugar that Lucky Charms. 

Glad you are getting a handle on your GD.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap @ 49...That's baaaddddd...My dad's a type 1 diabetic and he's pretty loopy when he hits below 55 or so.  

I'm glad it's only gestational.   I'm sure you'll be just fine post-birth.  :)
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to year it's most likely going to go away after baby numero dos. Diabeetis is scary shizz, but you and Sophia will be fine:)

I promised to do the whole carbless thing with you but failed big time this weekend. I will try harder though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I check sugars in all my cereals.  That's probably why my cereal looks like twigs.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's not terrible, but wow at 49.

I'm sure that this will go away after little Sophia is born. You'll be fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apparently it isn't the amount of sugar in the cereal, but the rate at which the starches break down and cause your blood sugar to jump.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A hA! 

I can see that.  Simple versus complex.  I'm still amazed at 49.
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, and disclaimer, just in case i offend this person: i am not minimizing ww's cancer my talking about the beetis. i do realize that hers is much more serious. carry on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards