Texas-Austin

Any band suggestions for the reception?

I am fairly new to Texas, and will be getting married in the Austin area in the fall of 2010. Does anyone know of any bands they would recommend for the reception? I am mostly interested in cover bands, classic rock/80's, etc. Thanks!

Re: Any band suggestions for the reception?

• jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Skyrocket. We did not end up using them, but they were really responsive and nice. We just wanted older music in the end and went with TBird and the Breaks.Another good option for 80's is the Spazmatics.Hope this helps,~Julie
  • edited December 2011
    You could check out LC Rocks too. They and the Spazmatics are usually playing down at Ceder Street Courtyard on 4th street during the month. Also, not sure if it's your style, but the Recliners are a cover band but do 'lounge' style covers of 80's music, classic rock, and currnet songs. Pretty fun!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    Blind Date! They are so much fun. But they're also in high demand, so you'll definitely want to book as early as possible. GL!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• texansarahtexansarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Blind Date, they were awesome! But we were also considering The Pictures and I've heard that Original Recipe is good too.
  • edited December 2011
    I have two to recommend - both totally awesome London Calling Suede
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards