Florida-North Florida

New here

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myeslf. I am Jenny, from Michigan but will be moving to FL and getting married there. Right now I am browsing around for locations, and reception halls.

Re: New here

• edited December 2011
    Welcome Jenny! I think you will like living in Jacksonville.  It's a great city! Jackie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Jenny.  Where in FL are you moving to?
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to be moving to the ST. Augustine area. We have friends there, and FL is more like home to us than our home.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Jenny! I think you'll like this board. The girls on here are great and have been so helpful through the planning process. Just jump right in. We're always happy to have a new knottie. Let us know if you need any help w/vendor rec's or anything. Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!! We are looking at the Whiteroom in St. Augustine. It seems to be a beautiful place. Next time we are down there we are going to look at it. Then we have to find somewhere to have the ceremony. We are going with a non religious one since we are of different backgrounds. We also have our photographer already. She is a local, who is also one of our best friends. She isnt very publicly known yet, but is amazing!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    welcome, also the white room has a roof top deck, you can hold your ceremony up there and its a beautiful view of the water and downtown st. augustine. i have seen a wedding do that. you could also have cocktail hour up there and then go down into the ballroom for the wedding. the white room is very beautiful the only downfall is parking and the entrance. but the room itself is awesome. Good Luck.
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! There's lots of girls from that area on this board so I'm sure they'll have lots of ideas for you.
  • OSheasOSheas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy planning. Everyone on here is so very helpful.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everything that J&K said about The White Room. It's a really neat space.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Jenny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards