Ohio-Columbus

Stretch chair cover vs. regular chair cover, Organza or Satin sash?

Hello, what's the pros and cons of these chair covers? I am trying to decide which type to go with - I am thinking to get sash too...Satin or Organza...any thoughts of which kind of sash is better? We are having reception at a hotel.

Re: Stretch chair cover vs. regular chair cover, Organza or Satin sash?

• we bouquet polyester chair covers with the satin sash attached already and we really liked the style of those. I thought the stretch looks weird and we just did not like it. I also did not care for the organza sash i think it is all on personal opinion. 
  • I was at a wedding a few weeks ago that had the stretch table and chair covers and they looked great. Everyone was talking about how nice they looked.. I think it depends on the venue also.
  • I'm trying to decide this right now also, along with which color to go with.

I do think its all personal opinion. I personally think I'm going to go with the stretch covers in black, but I really don't like a sash? But I think it looks a little weird without a sash too?

Also, does everyone match the color of the chair cover to the tablecloth? Or is anyone mixing it up? (I've been toying with the idea of black chair covers with white tablecloths, but I think I would need to see it in person before I can really decide.)
  • we are doing white table clothes with black chair covers and white sashes (that is because our chair covers came with white sash) we would have done pink sash. 

Have you seen the different sashes they are not tied in a bow, ok i tried to find a picture did not work, I have seen some on 4 weddings were they tie it long ways or the do like a zig zag pattern! hope this helps. 
  • We did regular chair covers, pintuck tablecloths, a poly runner on the head and cake tabels, and organza sashes. I liked the organza with the pintuck because they were more subtle when paired with the tablecloths. Our tablecloths were graphite, our runners were aqua, our covers were white, and our sashes were silver. While I'm all for mixing textures, I don't think I would have chosen the organza with a poly tablecloth, though. Pick the tablecloths and runners (if applicable) first becuases they take up more visual space, then take a look at a couple different sashes and find the best that would coordinate. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards