July 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress fittings for OOT BMs

Anyone have OOT BMs?  How are you coordinating their dress fittings?

My FSIL lives in Phoenix and all my girls ordered their dresses through a local NJ shop where alterations are included, so I'm not sure how we're going to handle her dress fittings.  I'm thinking we're either going to have to ship the dress out to her so she can have it altered (should I offer to pay for it?), or she'll have to make the trip out here when they come in.  I think my biggest problem is just not knowing when the dresses will be in.
Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Dress fittings for OOT BMs

• Options
    Yes. My cousin lives in Portugal and she is one of my BM. I had my aunt take her measurements since i asked the bridal salon how they would measure the girls for their dresses. I bought the dress and I have to ship it out to her. She is going to have all the alterations and stuff done there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

One of my BM lives in Pittsburgh and it was just easier for her to find a local shop to get measured at and order her dress from.  This way we dont need to worry about shipping it or anything like that.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_dress-fittings-oot-bms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7b387869-fcc1-4dbf-8d66-80d060d519a5Post:a5e4e638-5832-427f-9cac-76c181256b39">Re: Dress fittings for OOT BMs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes. My cousin lives in Portugal and she is one of my BM. I had my aunt take her measurements since i asked the bridal salon how they would measure the girls for their dresses. I bought the dress and I have to ship it out to her. She is going to have all the alterations and stuff done there.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

I would probably ship it to her and let her get the alterations done in Phoenix unless you are paying for everyone's alterations I don't think it is necessary to pay for them.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_dress-fittings-oot-bms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7b387869-fcc1-4dbf-8d66-80d060d519a5Post:be480ef3-7613-4b6a-9e97-f70ba0a2a211">Re: Dress fittings for OOT BMs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress fittings for OOT BMs : I would probably ship it to her and let her get the alterations done in Phoenix unless you are paying for everyone's alterations I don't think it is necessary to pay for them.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Lady I think your post was ment for K888. lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    only two of my five girls are in town. i am just planning to ship them their dresses so they can get alterations taken care of on their own. they will send me their measurements, but the dresses will be shipped directly to them.
  • Options
    I have two OOT girls, but the bridal shop we ordered from doesn't do BM alterations.  I think I'm going to ship the dresses to the girls if I don't see them in person. One of them is getting married 5 weeks before me, so I'm thinking I will see her in the spring for showers, etc. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    The place I ordered the dresses from will ship them out to the girls when they come in.  Then I'm leaving it up to them to get them fitted and altered if needed. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    My OOT BM came here and got her dress. SHe wasn't able to get here until 2 months after they came in but the store held it for her. Luckily it fits her perfectly and she doesn't need alterations! (seriously if anything it might be to short!) The plan though, was for her to take it home and get it altered there. That way she didn't have to try and make so many trips here. Even my sister is having trouble with this since she is away at school. Luckily she will be home in May which will be plenty of time to get alterations done.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have an OOT BM and I'm paying for the dress to be shipped to her.  Alterations weren't included in the cost of the dresses so that isn't an issue here. 

I am an OOT BM and am not sure if I will have to pay for shipping or not...The other dress I'm getting from is in Orlando, so I just have to drive there to pick it up...which I may order online and save me the hassle!
  • Options
    All three of my BMs are OOT. The farthest away lives in SC right now, but is moving to FL soon for a job. Her dress is going to be shipped to her and she'll have it fitted/altered where she lives.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    All of my BM's except one just got them shipped to their houses, the other one is the most forgetful girl ever, but finally picked up her dress!  My cousin is the only one flying in from OOT and she got it shipped to her mom's house, she's coming out a week or so earlier to visit everyone and will get it altered then.  She knows a couple seamstresses that have already told her they can turn it around in that time, she'll also try it on in April/May whenever we have my bridal shower.

Anniversary
  • Options
    All of my BMs are from OOT so the dresses were shipped to them and theyll take care of the alternations on their own. Much easier that way anyway.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards