April 2012 Weddings
Options

How long does it take to get Prof Pics back?

So i know we are coming up on a almost 2 weeks since we got married. I'm just wondering whats the typical timeframe to get all of your Professional pictures back? Im so anxious. I called and asked our photog and he said usually it takes him a few weeks after the wedding. We didnt order any books, albums or prints to be made. We are just having all of the pictures put on a CD with us having copyrights so we can make our own prints and books. He said there are probably over 1000 pictures and some where he has to work on adjusting the color and cropping. I was wanting to possibly get a few made into wallet pics to include in our thank you's, but now i don't know if i can wait that long before sending out our thank you's.

Photobucket

Re: How long does it take to get Prof Pics back?

• Options
    We made a clause in our contract that we would have electronic copies of all unedited photos by the end of this week- we just got married on Sunday.  We did it specifically because when my MOH got married, their photographer didn't even give them online access to their pics for over a month and those were all watermarked so its not like they could even print any themselves.  It was closer to 6 months for them to get their CD and almost a year before they got their albums.
  • Options
    Holy cow. Our photographer is pretty amazing in that he doesn't Photoshop or otherwise re-touch his work after shooting unless it's to crop or add some weird special effect if you request it, so I know he's quicker than most. But we had a preview picture via email the night of our wedding, and he posted the rest of his "best of" album (over 200 pics) online the following day. We should be getting a flash drive with the rest of the photos this week or next.

I can't understand what the heck takes some photographers so long now that everything's digital.
    So far, being a Gray is pretty awesome. image
  • Options

We should be getting ours very soon--our photographer just texted me that they're just about done editing our photos from our wedding on Sunday.  They put up a blog the day after the wedding with about 15 photos so we had a sneak peek already.  It was also in our contract that we would have access to our photos within 10 days of the wedding.

I know some photographers take their sweet time though with pictures.  I have a friend who waited 2 months for pictures.  I'd be pissed if I had to wait that long.  I hope you get them soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    rarditorardito member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ours takes four weeks, and it is just a cd as well.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Our photographer says a month too (and it's just a CD).  She def has her work cut out for her...she prob had to photoshop people off the beach!  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our photographer said it would take her about 4 weeks to get everything back to us. Usually she'll send back a few earlier on to show us how it's going and make sure we like everything (she did that with our egagement pics). I can't wait to see the pics from Saturday!

• Options
    My photographer posted the blog with a preview and then sent me an email in less than two weeks saying she was finished editing.  I know have to go through and choose the photos I want for my album, I will also get a cd with all the pictures she took (engagment, bridals and wedding) which I assume I will get when I pick up my album.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_how-long-does-it-take-to-get-prof-pics-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:26ca240d-8b13-49f3-adaf-02e18880e1b2Post:cb57db13-7bf3-4218-b12a-949112f364d9">Re: How long does it take to get Prof Pics back?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy cow. Our photographer is pretty amazing in that he doesn't Photoshop or otherwise re-touch his work after shooting unless it's to crop or add some weird special effect if you request it, so I know he's quicker than most. But we had a preview picture via email the night of our wedding, and he posted the rest of his "best of" album (over 200 pics) online the following day. We should be getting a flash drive with the rest of the photos this week or next.<strong> I can't understand what the heck takes some photographers so long now that everything's digital.</strong>
    Posted by FutureGray[/QUOTE]
    It may all be digital, but i doubt that each one of us is our photographer's only client.

My photog is amazing. I had previews the day after the wedding and she`s working on the retouching right now. She`s already done almost 200 and has put them in a program called Dropbox so i have access to them right away. I've already ordered my thank yous using some of the pics that were already done. I got the email today that they were shipped!

As a side note, i think Vistaprint is still having a sale where you get 80% off your cards!
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Every photographer is different. It really depends on whether or not this is their full time job, how many clients they have & how much editing they do. This isn't my photog's FT and he does a good amount of editing and adding filters. We received 54 pics posted on his FB page at the 1 week mark. We get the 3-400 more edited shots in 1-2months. 

OP, why don't you ask for at least 1 shot now that way you can use it for your cards? Before the wedding, I told my photog that we needed the one shot with the thank you sign ASAP so that we can make cards. The rest can wait. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_how-long-does-it-take-to-get-prof-pics-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:26ca240d-8b13-49f3-adaf-02e18880e1b2Post:ff241964-326d-4168-ba1f-340aa683a547">Re: How long does it take to get Prof Pics back?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every photographer is different. It really depends on whether or not this is their full time job, how many clients they have & how much editing they do. This isn't my photog's FT and he does a good amount of editing and adding filters. We received 54 pics posted on his FB page at the 1 week mark. We get the 3-400 more edited shots in 1-2months.  OP, why don't you ask for at least 1 shot now that way you can use it for your cards? Before the wedding, I told my photog that we needed the one shot with the thank you sign ASAP so that we can make cards. The rest can wait. 
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]
    <div align="left">
    Yes its not our photographer's FT job either. He is a family friend and does it on the side. He doesn't really have a blog, but has a portfolio on his website of about 30 different weddings he has done and also has a business page on Facebook. I guess seeing that it typically takes at least 3-4 weeks, i can stick it out another week or two. I will take your advice and ask him to send me at least one good shot for family thank you's.  I just hate people posting their own photos of our wedding or some of the bad shots on Facebook and blog pages when i want to show off the GOOD shots! </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_how-long-does-it-take-to-get-prof-pics-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:26ca240d-8b13-49f3-adaf-02e18880e1b2Post:70215a45-ef21-43c1-93b2-a355ec66c865">Re: How long does it take to get Prof Pics back?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long does it take to get Prof Pics back? : Yes its not our photographer's FT job either. He is a family friend and does it on the side. He doesn't really have a blog, but has a portfolio on his website of about 30 different weddings he has done and also has a business page on Facebook. I guess seeing that it typically takes at least 3-4 weeks, i can stick it out another week or two. I will take your advice and ask him to send me at least one good shot for family thank you's.  I just hate people posting their own photos of our wedding or some of the bad shots on Facebook and blog pages when<strong> i want to show off the GOOD shots!</strong>
    Posted by MCCRARYSCOTT[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I totally understand! I only got ONE picture from a cousin & that's it. No other friends or family posted or emailed me any pictures. I was dying! I was so happy to get those few from my photog. I can NOT wait for the rest. Hey, we all paid good money for these things, right? We need to show it off! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards