Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Has anyone used Smashbox

Has anyone ever tried the Photo Finish primer from Smashbox? My mom suggested buying it for the wedding, but it's a little expensive, so I wanted to do some research first. And on that note, has anyone used any of this company's make-up? Thanx!

Re: Has anyone used Smashbox

• Options
    it was totally useless for me. i actually bought it when i was doing the makeup for a friend's wedding (her plus her BMs) and it actually flaked up and got crusty.maybe that bottle was bad but i thought it was a yuck product.
  • Options
    I didn't like it, neither did my mom (she was actually the one who gave it to me after she used it a few times). It didn't do anything for me that a primer should (give my foundation smoother application and longer wear) and was kind of itchy. A problem both my mom and I had is that it gave us random dry patches in various spots. (I have pretty oily skin and her skin is normal.)
  • Options
    If you live near a Sephora, I know that they sell travel sizes of it(that and a lot of other beauty products). Check their website, you might even be able to find the smaller size there. That way you could try it and see if you like it...
  • Options
    That is so strange that some people didn't like it! I absolutely love photo finish. It smoothes your skin out and makes the makeup go on flawlessly!! Fyi - i do use MAC mineral powder and not foundation.
  • Options
    I use it daliy and I LOVE it. That and their foundation are 2 of my favorite beauty products.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also love it - it makes my skin feel so smooth and my make-up stayed on all day!
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    I love it! I use it on my eyelids because my eyeshadow tends to get creasy on me if I don't use a primer. What's good about Photo Finish is a little goes a LONG way, so it's well worth the cost since you use a minimal amount each time. I've tried and loved almost all of Smashbox's products. My new addiction is their Artificial Light product. I've used other iridescent creams to creat a natural-looking glow, and they all came out streaky/cakey. Theirs is nice and light. I like to use it on my brow-bone, inner corner of my eye and apples of my cheek.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards