South Carolina
Options

HHI Help, Ladies!

Hi, I'm new to the boards, and just getting started in the planning process.  FI and I want to have a small (30 guests) ceremony/reception in Hilton Head.Ideally, we'd like to rent a vacation house for the wedding party and have the reception there with the ceremony on the beach.  Several of the homes we've inquired about do not allow weddings.  Do any of you know of an oceanfront HHI home that allows weddings?  I'm planning from Ohio, so it's a bit of a challenge.Any suggestions you all have on venue, planners, photographers, flowers, etc would be appreciated.  Thanks, girls!

Re: HHI Help, Ladies!

• Options
    CoffeejunkieCoffeejunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure about the house but I have been to 2 weddings at Sea Pines (one at light house, one at I think like a club house) and it was so lovely.  They both used Flowers by Sue, which were breath-taking.  Not sure who they used for photos but I can ask.  You can look at www.murphyweddings.com I know she travels but not sure how far!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about a vacation house rental, but as far as a planner, I highly reccomend weddings by stephanie marie. They do HHI's weddings and may be able to help you out. If you are in Ohio, it might be wise to get some help.www.weddingsbystephaniemarie.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married in the Hilton Head area in June.  See bio for vendor reviews. Have fun planning!
  • Options
    jadeash911jadeash911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!
  • Options
    MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try one of the hotels like the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa or Hilton Head Ocean Resort.Here is a link to a wedding at those locations:http://charlestonwedding.com/#/pew/-- Marriotthttp://charlestonwedding.com/#/joehlin/--HiltonI really liked the Marriott because they had a grassy area on the beach for the ceremony.
  • Options
    zappakittyzappakitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am also planning a beach destination wedding and wanted to do the same thing with renting a beach house for the wedding party to stay at and to host the wedding/reception at. Here is a link that was suggested to me by Celebration Events. They happen to be booked for my wedding date so I won't be using them. www.beachweddingshhi.com. Resort quest also has some properting that would work well and will allow beach weddings. Celebration Events is doing my planning as well as catering. They have been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    jadeash911jadeash911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks zappakitty!  I'm working with Celebration Events too, and have been really pleased with Liz there so far.  Looks like 5 Alder is available for my dates, and doesn't have the 7 night minimum that most of the homes have.  I may be one step closer now....thanks again!
  • Options
    trfrsitrfrsi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me know if you need flawless airbrush makeup and a beautiful hairstyle! www.beautymasterybydesign.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards