Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Dress Anxiety

I just purchased my dress on Friday! Yea! I really love the dress & think it's the best one I tried on or saw in a magazine (I went to 6 different bridal boutiques & probably tried on an average of 15 dresses at each boutique so there was plenty of hunting). I originally tried this dress on in July & have been comparing other dresses to it ever since. Nothing has looked as good on me & I kept going back to this one because it was the exact style I wanted. I sealed the deal on Friday when I paid for my dress/signed the contract. All should be good, right? No. There's still a little part of me that's wondering whether I made the BEST decision on my dress. I keep wondering whether I should have continued hunting for more dresses before I made my decision. I suspected I was going to feel this way because I'm the type of person who has to see EVERYTHING before making my final decision. Did this happen to any of you girls or am I a lone soul? TIA!

Re: Dress Anxiety

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can definitely relate to how you are feeling!  I think its only natural b/c of the vast amount of gowns out there...on the Internet...in magzines etc. to question if you made the right decision.  I chose my wedding gown after one weekend in Boston with my maid of honor.  At first, I was secure in my decision, but as soon as I returned to Phoenix, I started to question whether I should have looked in Phoenix a few times or went to more stores etc.  I ordered my gown a month ago and can't wait to see it! It took me a week or so to get over my doubts.  It sounds like you did your research and kept going back to "that gown".  Trust your instincts-I am sure you will love it and will look beautiful in it! It also helped that I showed it to a few people and they loved it! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely understand how you're feeling. I was having the same feelings until I went back to the store and tried the dress on again. I fell in love with it all over again and it eased a lot of my anxiety. I did the same thing where I compared every dress to "the one" and that's when I realized it was the right dress for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    berburberbur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know how you feel as well! but i am 19 days away from the wedding and am no longer in love with my dress. it's too late to change dresses now, so i have to live with my decision... i keep telling myself that it's a really pretty dress and it's only one day. the dress isn't everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girly... I felt the same way. But I stopped looking online, magazines, etc.. and it worked! Send me a link or pic on fb.:)
  • Options
    b.koval1b.koval1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too went through the feeling of did i buy the right one!? but i gotta tell you when i put it on after my make-up trial to see the whole package I knew i picked the right one. Don't compare other dresses to yours, you picked it for a reason and I'm sure you look fabulous in it!
  • Options
    GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate your comments & have stopped looking/comparing my dress to others. I really love my dress & I think it's beautiful. Also, I think the look will be a complete on my wedding day when I have my hair/makeup/accessories on too. As a side note, I spoke to the alterations manager at Destiny's & she told me how they'll alter the dress when it comes in. She had some great things to say so I'm feeling more comfortable now. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards