Iowa-Des Moines

Where did you spend your wedding night in Des Moines??

Does anyone have any ideas for where to stay on my wedding night before we leave for the honeymoon?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where did you spend your wedding night in Des Moines??

• MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception? I'd suggest somewhere close, so that you don't have a far drive at the end of your night. Downtown has some really nice/romantic hotels though, if thats viable for you. The Renaissance Savory Hotel is really neat.We stayed at the same hotel as the rest of our guests, Sleep Inn and Suites in Pleasant Hill.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, if we rent transportation we could stay anywhere really. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up walking to a bar with a bunch of Mr. Gem's friends after the reception was over, and then just walked to the Renaissance Savery with the few who were also staying there (it's where we had our block, too).  It was also convenient because we hosted a Sunday brunch at the Savery, so all we had to do was go downstairs.
  • edited December 2011
    I will probably be staying at the Embassy Suites or The Savory.
  • edited December 2011
    Our reception is at the Sheraton in West Des Moines and our suite the night of the wedding is complimentary.
  • edited December 2011
    DH's boss paid for us to stay at Hotel Fort Des Moines in the Presidential Suite.  It was awwwwesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Embassy Suites.  It was his mom's wedding present to us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards