Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

PMS crazies

It's true, I am the kind of woman who loses my shiit for the week leading up to my period. Any major fight FI and I have ever had has been right in that timeframe. I can't do hormonal BC, which usually evens people out a little, so we're just stuck with it. I'm on track at this point to be in my crazy phase about a week and a half before the wedding, which I'd already imagine is going to be a stressful time. So how do you handle your hormonal crazies (if you get them)? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: PMS crazies

• Options
    I'm no help. I go totally fuucking nuts the week and a half before and then feel guilty the week of. The only way I handle it is by apologizing. A lot.
  • Options
    A lot of running and a lot of eating bad stuff. Hey, at least they balance each other out. Kinda.
  • Options
    If Sunkissed were still here, she would have great advice about this.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    cew I know what you mean. One night he said very slowly and carefully "I do not know how to communicate with you when you are being irrational" and I accused him of calling me a crazy biitch. The next day I realized I HAD been a crazy biitch.
  • Options
    Honestly, the way I deal with it is to acknowledge that the reason I am overreacting in a situation is probably due to my whacked-out hormones. I find myself becoming super sensitive and angry at the slightest things. But when I look at the calendar and figure out what week it is, I remind myself that and just calm down. I also have a punching bag and that helps, a lot.
  • Options
     I don't.  I just get pissy and weepy and angry and dramatic for no reason about 3 or 4 days before my period until it starts.  Noodle knows what it is when it starts based on me doing sh*t like freaking out because there's a dish on the sink, or bursting into tears when he doesn't tell me I look pretty in the morning.  He just goes "Ohhhh - period time" and excuses my behavior for the next few days. That being said, I don't usually get completely BSC, like setting things on fire, throwing sh*t and kicking him out of the house for not putting the toilet seat down crazy.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    You and sunkissed should hang out. When I'm biitchy I keep to myself.  I tell my H so he knows to handle with care.  And then it's usually fine. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I'm on BC, so I don't really have this problem anymore, but maybe you should try doing something active and something relaxing every day that week.  Maybe go to the gym or for a run, and then maybe do some yoga or something.  Also, make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need. 
  • Options
    Yeah I don't go Jerry Springer crazy, more just like super sensitive and easily frustrated crazy. Lots of weeping and silent treatment.
  • Options
    Also, I don't know if you're a bath person, but I love taking baths to relax.  And getting massages, but that's a little pricier.
  • Options
    Salt - bwahahaha. I love you for so many reasons :)
  • Options
    I don't get weepy. I just get really angry and short tempered. I also get naggy. What's funny is that it usually takes me a couple of days to realize why I'm being such a miserable biitch. Once I figure out it's PMS, I can usually calm myself down.
  • Options
    This is a question you need to ask your gyno. Maybe they can give you something for the week before your wedding that will even you out. Or either just know it's going to happena nd roll with it.
  • Options
    I admit I am pretty lazy about excercise on the best of days. But I could totally see how that physical high could counteract hormonal insanity. I think that is a wonderful idea, thanks to everyone who suggested it.
  • Options
    I go through this too - I just warn him when I start getting hormonal, and he is nice enough to ignore all my ridiculousness for a few days...and we try not to discuss any big issues during it. 
  • Options
    I'm not too bad, I just demand a Pizza Hut deep dish pepperoni lovers pizza. Like clockwork, we order this once per month, the week before my period starts.
  • Options
    I don't. I just get pissy and weepy and angry and dramatic for no reason This used to be me, but now I don't get it anymore.
  • Options
    I try to get a lot of sleep.  It doesn't help, per se, but when I'm tired AND PMSing, I'm a thousand times worse.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Im jealous of all those FI's and H's ignore and sympathize with the crazy behavior.  Mine gets upset and aggravates me further.  Even when my outburst doesn't involve him he gets really upset about it.I ask him to just give me a couple day pass and I will do my best to keep my outbursts at him to a minimum, but I've yet to see a get out of jail free card.Usually I just flaunt tampons in his face until he runs away.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards