South Carolina
Options

Furman Chapel

Has anyone used the Furman Chapel?  Just wondering what they are like. Good experience? Bad experience? Let me know if you can.
Anniversary

Re: Furman Chapel

• Options
    soon2briossoon2brios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into it, but found they had way too many constrictions.... the time alotment wasn't great....you can't have certain music, flowers, etc....they "suggest" you hire their wedding coordinator because only she knows what they allow... Now I thought the chapel was absolutely gorgeous! and I love how photographic the whole place would be especially the drive in front with the tress and the little lake with the clock tower....but I just wanted more freedom. Check out their website for the regulations and go in and talk to them....It may be exactly what you were looking for Just wasn't for me! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up.  I can be a little control freak so this may not be the right place for me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    soon2briossoon2brios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the way I am...I love the chapel but it seemed like it would be too difficult to set up have the ceremony and clean up and abide by all the rules. I found another place and I was alot happier....but check out the web site....it may not be as much of a problem for you.... oh and it does book up very early...another reason I didn't pick it....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is late, but i'm getting married at Furman Chapel next weekend :) I have been to several weddings there, and they've all turned out great. It's a gorgeous chapel. The only decorations I need to use are pew markers. It's pretty enough on its own!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at photos and you really don't have to add a whole bunch of decorative things.  I found the policies and rules online.  It's weird that they only allow certain kinds of flowers.  We'll see...still looking :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards