Michigan-Lansing

Photographer warning

I got married in December and used a local studio with locations in Holt and Williamston (I've heard theknot will delete posts with specific references). It's been 7 months, and I have no album, no digital negatives, no wall portrait, nothing. We got married and when we got back from our honeymoon had multiple messages from the studio asking for our balance (which we were told not to pay until we got our proofs and it was only a few hundred dollars.) Since we paid it (and over $3,000 total), they have never contacted us again. I would never recommend these people to anyone. They are horribly unprofessional, and I hope that other brides will steer clear!

Re: Photographer warning

• jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this happened to you! Please e-mail me and let me know who you used. Also, I may be getting married in the winter so I would appreciate any recommendations you might have with venues and vendors for the winter time. Here is my e-mail: jeanne123@gmail.com. Or give me your e-mail address and I can get in touch with you.
  • npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    File a law suit against them in small claims...
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Samjones1, I am very worried about a photographer I booked after reading many poor reviews online.  Could you please e-mail ASAP to let me know who you used?!!!  I greatly appreciate it.  Thank you! clc0212@aol.com
  • smfismfi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you please also email me as well. I want to use vendors from the lansing area and would prefer to avoid the one you mentioned above as well!
  • edited December 2011
    could you also please email me, i'm helping a friend in lansing with photogs & it will be nice to tell her to stay away from. alishahein at hotmail.com thanks!

My Chart
    TTC since Sept 2009
    Cycle#9-Natural BFP 7/9/2010 ~ m/c 7/31/2010 ~ 8/31/10 beta 0.
    Nov/Dec 2011, started seeing RE. HSG-all clear! SA is good! DX = unexplained IF.
    Cycle#25-50mg clomid, IUI#1 = BFP 12/24/11 ~ m/c 1/5/12 ~ 2/21/12 beta level finally 0.
    Cycle#28- 100mg clomid + Ovidrel + IUI#2 = BFN
    Cycle#29- Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#3 = BFP 5/8/12 ~ betas dropped 5/17/12 ~ Cytotec(fail) D&C (fail) & then a methotrexate shot to get things going ~ 6/28/12 Beta FINALLY 0.
    RPL tests reveal MTHFR mutation(1copy)-adding Folgard & BA and moving forward.
    Cycle#32-Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#4 = BFP!
    Beta#1 8/21/12: 11, Beta#2 8/23: 71, Beta#3 8/25:174
    9/4-seen sac/yolk, 9/7-9/12 hospitalized for a ruptured cyst causing massive internal bleeding.
    9/11-seen HB!! 9/18- no HB, 9/21/12-D&C. Fetal tissue testing revealed a healthy boy. Now getting more tests to try to figure out this mystery :(
  • kckristin13kckristin13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why do I have a feeling that this was Miller Studios? I"ve heard nightmares about them but their photographers do great work. One of their photogs has recently left them to open her own studio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards