Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Color chaos....

Okay - so first off - my wedding colors are chocolate brown and a mossy/lime green. With touches of berry/fuschia. I love, love, love this color scheme and couldn't imagine my day with out it. I know... a bit crazy. Well, A few months ago my MOH and I went to Davids bridal and found a great dress for all the girls! It was so cute and, suprisingly, fit well for everyone's body type. Dacids Bridal #83312 in Clover. Well, now we are searching for linens and invitation paper colors and I realize that the dress color and my mossy/lime green vision are waaaaay off - and don't match at all.Is this a big deal? Will it look really weird? If all my linens and paper products are one color and the BM dresses are another? Any ideas?

Re: Color chaos....

• Options
    msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is actually preferable.  You want things to coordinate but not necessarily match identically.  I think it will look lovely with some variation in tones and colors.  No worries!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My colors are fuschia and bright green, and while it'd be nice to have everything match exactly, it is just nearly impossible and I'd drive myself crazy trying to do it!  I just have things that are in the same pink and green tones and called it a day!  Plus no one is going to notice the different colors or remember it after the wedding day! Good luck!
  • Options
    reneekashkareneekashka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am chocolate brown, hot pink, and a lime green ish. I say the ish because everything in the green category is slightly different shades. Some have more yellow, some a brighter, etc. So far I love it. Everything blends nicely together and does not clash. I was worried about this at first too, but then I thought it might look strange if evertything was TOO matchy matchy! I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I am using burgundy, black, & silver but the shade of burgundy am I using has been called wine, claret, burgundy. I give up. I think it looks nice with the differnet shades anyway. I didn't want to drive myself crazy trying to match colors so I decided to say screw it and use whatevers close! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great! Unless you are doing black, white and some other color, it seems really tough to make everything match exactly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My main wedding color was slate blue, and I was having trouble matching my dress too. I ended up adding in chocolate brown and some reds/golds- my color scheme turned out great. The only thing that ended up being slate blue (which was my "wedding color") were the BM dresses! There are lots of pics in my bio if you want to see how it turned out. I know its a different color but it shows how everything coordinated anyway! We used chocolate linens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My colors are DB colors azalea and cornflower, but because those colors are so hard to find together we're doing the same color idea but in varying shades for just about everything.  I think it adds more depth to where ever you have your wedding/reception
  • Options
    mnido1mnido1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DB actually has a site for invitations and one for linens that come in their colors. Check them out if you really want everything to match.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards