Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Vendor Reviews

I have been married for a little over two months now so I figured that is was my time to write my reviews: Bourne Farm: A+ The farm was perfect. They allowed us to do whatever we wanted to enhance the beauty of the property. Typically the rental is from fri-sun but they allowed us to have the tent set up on wednesday so that we had more time to decorate. They even mowed a section of the field that had long wheat grass so that we could have our ceremony in the "perfect" spot. Party Cape Cod: A+++ We rented everything from Party Cape Cod. Tent, tables, chairs, china, linen, cooking items...down to the smallest details. Everything was in perfect condition and looked amazing. We splurged a little and got paper lanterns for the inside of the tent. The lanterns transformed the tent into a magical site once the sun went down. They special ordered in the perfect color runners to match my decor. I was so nervous that it was going to rain that they promised me that if I needed extra tents at the last minute they would have them available. Just knowing that made me feel so much more relaxed. The Perfect Plan: A+++ Connie and her staff were refered to me by the tent company and also my caterer. I was a little hesitant in hiring a planner because my mother and I were convinced that we were going to have enough time to do everything ourselves. Wow...we were completely wrong. After a few sleepless nights because I was so overwhelmed I finally contacted Connie. She made my planning so much easier. She suggested other vendors and contacted them for me to coordinate their services. She met with me at my work during my break because there was no other time left in my schedule to go over last minute details. On the day of the wedding she took complete control. She directed the guests during the ceremony, kept everyone happy during the cocktail hour and scheduled all the "special moments" throughout the reception. When we had power issues during our first dance, Connie was there to fix the problem within seconds. For someone who never imagined she would need a planner...I can honestly say I was completely wrong. Eat Your Heart Out Catering: A+++ Sean and his staff did an amazing job! The food was to die for and all of our guests raved about it! Sean set up a special tasting for us a few weeks before our wedding and invited my parents to join so that we all could decide on the menu. I am so glad that he did this because I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I barely ate anything at the wedding. I highly recommend his swordfish and flank steak...also the goat cheese mashed potatoes are out of this world! Courtneys Floral: A Courtney did all of our bouquets and the guys flowers. They were exactly what I wanted. She even incorporated my great-grandmother's handkerchief into my bouquet. We had one meeting together before the wedding...I told her my likes and dislikes...and she made it all happen. Puritans of Cape Cod: C+ Puritans was the only vendor that disappointed me. The guys rented khaki suits with brown shoes from them...thats it...and it seemed like it was very difficult for them to get that correct. They misplaced the guys measurements and tried to convince us that white shoes would look better with the khaki suits! They told us that we had to go through the Hyannis store because the Falmouth store (which is much closer) did not carry the suits. Come to find out after we could had done everything in Falmouth. For such an established company they really had a lot of trouble. I will post the rest later...when a have more time to refect!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does Courtney's Florals have a website? I am searching anew for a florist and a woman named Courtney was recommended to me, and I'm wondering if it's the same person. Thanks -- glad you had such a great wedding overall, your reviews are very helpful!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards