Texas-Austin
Options

Hotel choices? HELP

Ok, you Austin brides will hopefully understand this, My wedding is in Bastrop/Smithville, My groom's family lives in Elgin, and My family lives in Pflugerville, but a lot of our Guests will be getting here via the Airport... where do I suggest they stay?If I suggest Bastrop, they will be totally seperated from everything EXCEPT the wedding, if I suggest Pflugerville, or Elgin, they will have to travel about 45 mins to get to the wedding site, If I suggest Austin, they will probably have more entertainment available, but will still be about 45 mins away from me, my fh, AND the wedding site!!! HELP!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hotel choices? HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends - where is the RD and do any OOT guests have to go to that? Are you doing any other pre or post wedding events? If not - then staying in Bastrop may be more convenient for some of your guests. Are you doing a shuttle to the wedding for your guests? FI and I assumed most of our guests would rent a car, so we didn't bother with that. BUT, if you are getting a shuttle then you could get a block at a hotel up north off I-35 and they could cab it to the hotel, take your transportation to the wedding and still be close to you guys & downtown. If there is no shuttle and you are having pre/post wedding events in the city I would suggest you reserve a block at a hotel where there is a free airport shuttle and then arrange group shuttles for them to pay on their own if they wanted through Super Shuttle. I did a block at the South Austin Marriott Airport off Ben White & I-35 and it is nice, inexpensive and has an airport shuttle. It is pretty convenient to bastrop and downtown and only 30 mins from Pflugerville if you are doing anything up there. You could always see if there is a hotel in Bastrop that you can get a block with that does not nee a guarantee (if you don't use it you don't have to pay for it anyway...) and just gve that as an option along with the hotel in S. Austin.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards