Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Baltimore Museum of Industry v. Towson Country Club

Hi everyone!I'm recently engaged and am trying to choose a ceremony/reception venue for an August 2010 wedding. We've narrowed it down to the Baltimore Museum of Industry in the Inner Harbor and the Towson Country Club.These places are so different but each have their own "pros" and "cons". Right now I'm leaning towards BMI because of space issues. Has anyone had any experience with either place - good, bad, or indifferent? Any insight would be MUCH appreciated. If you've had experience with BMI, please let me know who the caterer was and how that worked as well.Thanks!P.S. hopefully this is relocated on the local board not the international board that it was posted on this morning.

Re: Baltimore Museum of Industry v. Towson Country Club

• Options
    ruffian99ruffian99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I am getting married April 24 at the BMI. There are a few of us on here with 2010 weddings there. Since I haven't had mine yet, I don't have great advice, but I have heard lots of positives from people who have been to weddings there. Personally, I love that it is unusual, urban and waterfront. Plus, you have a lot of options for caterers, which is nice. We're using Chef's Expressions, who I love (so far!), but a lot of the caterers on the "preferred" list there receive rave reviews on here. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding October 2007 at the BMI, and it was wonderful - everyone had a great time, and during the cocktail  hour we were able to explore some of the different exhibits
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!I've never posted on here before (even though I'm from Baltimore, we were planning a destination wedding), however our plans have changed.FI and I have realized that we want the whole big sha-bang for our wedding and thus have relocated back to Baltimore.  My top choice so far for our venue is BMI.  It looks amazing and I love the fact that it is soooo different.I plan on setting up a tour ASAP and have been looking through the list of preferred caterers and feel super confident that this is "the place" for our wedding.Good luck to you in finding your venue.  Maybe as time progresses, we can start to share info regarding BMI if that's where we all choose to wed!Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding at The BWI in 2006. It was a wonderful place to have the event. It was easy for guests to find and it was great that it had its own parking lot that guests didn't have to pay for --unlike many places in the city. The only thing that I remember catching them off gaurd was that the BMI charged a fee per person that attended the wedding. It was something like $3.50 per person... which added up since she invited about 150. What was nice about the design of the floor was that there was a lot of flexibility with the seating chart. People could really sit anywhere. All in all it was a really nice venue and she had a wonderful time.
  • Options
    ruffian99ruffian99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, there is definitely no "per person" fee in my contract. Something to look out for though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wrote a long reply to your other post
  • Options
    keer38keer38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the BMI in 2010, and I'm so excited about it!  It is such a unique venue.  We wanted something urban, but I love that it's near the water, so it's not completely city-like.  I've heard great things about the museum so far, and I don't really know much about the Towson Country Club other than it's really pretty :)  The BMI is good for out of town guests since all of the Inner Harbor hotels are so conveniently located right there, and the parking is great too (and rare).  You can also ask to go see a wedding set up at the BMI.  They usually have one every weekend.  I have gone a few times to get a feel for how the space looks in "wedding mode" and to get an idea for different set-up possibilities.There was no per-person charge at BMI in my contract either.  Just the rental fee for the place.  We rented the whole thing (including pavilion) because we're having our ceremony there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the BMI on 4.25.10 and have been nothing but happy with how everything has been going. The size and view is great!We are going with a caterer that is not on the preferred list because he is more in line with our style and price range (Garrys Grill of Severna Park). He is trying to get on the vendor list but told us he would pay the fee if he wasn't on the list by April! Eddie, the owner, has been working with thier event director to make sure everything is how we want it.The only downer about the BMI is that you are going to want to rent chairs or chair covers. The plastic ones they have there are so ugly! They are gray and black and brown...Despite that though- totally worth it! Everyone I tell we are getting married there is totally impressed or has a good impression of it. I guess I am a little bias- but I would say- go for the BMI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards