New York-Upstate
Options

Lost our videographer......Crying a lil....maybe alot.....

Hi,I know this is ridiculously silly and I need to be more focused on all the blessings G*d has provided, but I am just so upset over losing our wedding videographr.We were literally putting the check in the mail for the videographer and I thought it would be smart to call and let them know it was on the way. And then the guy said that our date had just been taken!!!I know it's totally frivolous but I'm totally upset.Anyone else go through something similar?Have any recommendations for wedding videographers in the Capital Region or Saratoga?TIA!

Re: Lost our videographer......Crying a lil....maybe alot.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First deep breaths.  You have over a year to go, no need to freak out now.  There are several very good wedding videographers in the area.  You didn't loose the only one that existed.  We had a friend of a friend do ours so I'm no help for recommendations, but there are several girls on here from the area.  Look in other posts for them and look at their bios.  Also look in local wedding magazines, they are full of ads for all sorts of vendors.  Take one more deep breath.... Also let this be a lesson, when you find the next vendor you really like don't hesitate!  GL!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About 3 months ago my photographer backed out (my wedding is next month).  We had a contract and had paid the deposit about 6 months prior.  Her contract said that if she would not be able to do it, she could cancel and return the deposit.  At first I was like you and very upset.  I cried about it.  But then I talked to the photographer who had done our e-pics and he was available.  He is about $700 more, but at least I got someone and I'm moving on.I don't have recommendations for you, but just wanted to assure you that it will work out.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What?  That sucks!  Did they tell you the date was your prior to that?  I'm kind of curious to know who it was as we're still scouting videographers right now.  But I second PP who said there are others out there.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who were you going with?  Try 17 Productuctions or Tibor Torok...I've read good reviews on both. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CASL Productions in the Albany area looks good. They post examples on their site and have been personally recommended to me by 3 brides. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Dan Powers (Powers Media Productions).  Review in bio.  I'm still waiting for the video (it's only been four weeks, and takes about 6), but they were very good to work with.  No complaints here!
    My H&F Blog * H&F Badges

imageimageimage

2010 Highlights
    9/26 Adirondack Marathon 5:11:37 (major knee pain, but hey, I finished!)

2011 Races and Results
    5/29 Buffalo Marathon (5:25 - not pretty, just trying not to get heatstroke!)
    9/25 Adirondack Marathon (take 2!)
    One of these days I'll have a good marathon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards