California-San Diego
Options

Balboa Park

Does anyone know about the venues in Balboa Park and their pricing? I don't necessarily need it for the ceremony but it would be nice if we could do both there. We need a place for the reception to fit about 150 people. Anyone had their wedding there and want to share their experience? Thanks for the help.

Re: Balboa Park

• Options
    winoweddingwinowedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at the museum of San Diego History, and before we booked, we looked at several of the other venues (mainly museums) in the park. Average price was $2000 on up to $5000. For most, this was just to rent the space, although everyplace has something different to offer. If you want to have the ceremony/reception outdoors, the permit fee is $250 and there are several places in the park where you can do it. Just go onto balboa park's website, or San Diego parks & rec website, they will information on spaces available for weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having our ceremony at the Marston House Gardens in Balboa park.  The fee to use the site was $272.  If you go to the San Diego Parks and Rec main page and click on the wedding link they have a list of locations that you can use and how many people those locations seat.I'm not sure what month your wedding is in, but if it's less than a year away - each location shows it's availability on a calendar.  If it's more than a year away, the SD Parks and Rec has a "lotto" on the first Monday on the first full week of the month for dates, the earlier you are there, the better (esp. for popular locations!).  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards