Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Beware of Dave Dilauro

I've held off since October 2008, but the photographer, Dave Dilauro, has never made good on the poor quality photographs he took of our wedding at Heather's Glen.  He arrived at the wedding facility late, then rushed us along snapping a photo there, another there, without setting a scene for the formals at all.  As such, my hair is sticking out, my dress isn't smoothed out, and he would take photos when I was holding my head crooked, etc.In the age of photoshop, I asked Dave to please touch up a few of these photos so that we'd have a handful to display.  He refused.  I then asked if we could reshoot the bride and groom photos in studio.  To this day I have not received a response.My husband and I took quite a bit of time with this man -- questioning his style and technique, looking over his previous work, etc.  He seemed fine.  Like I said, he must have had other things on his mind.  Before I wrote this I looked at his vendor ad, and the man does take spectalular photographs, but he didn't for us.  Neither has he ever acknowledged his poor work, nor tried to make amends.I counsel all future brides to be wary of Dave Dilauro.Denise Saunders

Re: Beware of Dave Dilauro

• Hi Denise - please post this on the board local to your area so that the brides there can be aware of the photog. This is an international board and most of us will not be able to use this info.  Sorry that this happened to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards