Texas-San Antonio
Options

Invitation Wording....

Hi Ladies, I went to a wedding years ago and remember they had in their invitation that no children were allowed. however they wrote it very nicely.. I can't remember who's invitation is was to ask, but any of you have any ideas? It was something cutesy... or should I just go the traditional Please no children route? Thanks for your opinions... And randomly... I don't know some of the knottie speak.. what does FI stand for? I figured our MOB and FMIL.... but can't for the life of me figure out what FI stands for, and once someone tells me I am gonna be ohh yeahh.. Cheers!

Re: Invitation Wording....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't help with the no kids thing, but FI stands for fiance.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about "Leave your brats at home?" bahaha jk of course. I have kids so Im allowed to say it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just mailed my invitations out like a week and a half ago, We are inviting a few kids and then obviously the kids in the wedding. More kids are inviteed on my side than FI side. So I did  a pocketfold invitation that had the different inserts, on the Reception insert I just put Adult Reception will be held following the cermony, also on the RSVP card I put like 2 seats are reserved in your name and then had the check boxes for if they accepted or declined and then at the bottom put a space for them to put # of guests attending. On addressing them if I was inviting their kids I put and Family. If not I just put Mrs. & Mrs. So and So. Everyone so far has done it the right way, but we did get an RSVP back from our neighbor yesterday and they have a 6 year old daughter, well they are just kind of friends and the only kids invited are my family coming from out of town and then a few very close family friends kids. So anyways, we got the RSVP back from the neighbor and it clearly said 2 seats have been reserved in your name, and mind you we have talked about our wedding stuff around them and they knew in essence that kids weren't invited (except for the select few) so anyways on the bottom where it said # of guests attending she put 3. Now how stupid is that, can people not read???? I think my FI is going to say something to them, you know sometimes you would think parents would want to go to something nice and have an evening without the kids. I'm sure some people will get mad when there are kids there but we don't care, we invited the ones that we wanted there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the messages.. I like the no brats... LOL!!!! I guess I should just be blunt but polite.... thanks again Ladies... next wedding "crisis" solved....!!!LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine went smoething like "Please join us for cocktails, adult reception and dancing"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's usually considered rude to put that on the invite. Not saying I think it is, but generally. Usually people know who is/isn't invited by the names on the invitation. Example: If you put Mr & Mrs John Smith, only the parents are invited as opposed to putting The Smith Family or something.
  • Options
    irishdanceririshdancer member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What Monica said.  The names on the outside of the envelope indicate who is and who is not invited.  If they add more names, then you will need to call them and explain that only those listed are invited.   Yes it's a pain, but if you want the proper way to do it, this is it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards