Missouri-Kansas City

Photographer advice

Anyone have photographer advice in the KC area?  We just started looking and want a photographer that is a little more 'artistic' but not too out there and does not focus on cheesy/forced poses.thanks!

Re: Photographer advice

• edited December 2011
    Look up Freeland Photography (Independence, MO) they take really gorgeous pics. we considered them, but they were a little out of our price range.Claire Ryser with Visionaire Studios (Kansas City, MO) is doing our wedding, and she is crazy talented and really cute and funny. Both of these photographers take really creative artistic photos... really fun, and no standing still for 400 posed shots at the front of the church. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend my photographer her website is chelseadonohophotography dot com.  She is super cheap but takes amazing shots, and she is really creative and open to just about whatever, she has probably been the best vendor we have had so far.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Chelsea Donoho! She has been so amazing!! She is also very inexpensive!!! She just posted our engagment pictures the other day and I was so happy with how they turned out!! I would also check out  Jeni Friend Photography! I hear she is great! jenifriendphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Our photog is Mark Sorenson, he does really great work and is reasonable in price.  He shot our friends wedding in Aug and I love her pics
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Terri Voyles, www.terrivoylesphotography.com She is fantastic!  Very reasonable, and extremely talented.  She did our epics a few weeks ago and was really laid back.  We traveled from the big fountain on the Plaza, to the Liberty Memorial, to the Nelson, and to the fountain at Meyer Blvd.  Love her!  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Mrs. Baker- We are using Terri Voyles for our e-pics this Sunday (can't wait!). I have heard a lot of good things about her and when I met with her, she was super nice! Do you have your pics back yet? Do you have some that I could see? TIA!
  • md711md711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Blue Rue Studio Photography, we used Aaron for our wedding and loved our pics!!www.blueruestudio.com
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Sara Tafoya. She's been great to work with! I love her! And her prices aren't too bad considering what all you get and how great she is. www.saratafoyaphotography.com
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There are a few recent posts for photographer recommendations also if you want to go back and look for more but my photographer is awesome!  You can find her at  www.shutterhappystudios.com She is a photojournalist and most of her images are unique.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Paul Versluis, who was awesome (www.versluisphoto.com). I also would highly recommend looking into Tyler Wirken. His work is also amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using www.ColleenEidePhotography.com All of her packages include two photographers and I love her artistic stuff! We still have  a bit before our engagement shoot but I will be sure to post photos when I have them! Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Zach and Sarah Henderson (husband and wife team).  Their website is www.meetthehendersons.comCheck out their website, they do beautiful work!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards