North Carolina-Outer Banks

Steel Drum Band, Cake.

Hey Girls, I was wondering if anyone has heard of or seen One Love Steel Drum band play?  We are looking to book them for our cocktail hour.  Also, we were referred to Marsha Johnson for our cake but have not heard back from her after our inquiry.  I see several of you are using Argyle…has anyone done tastings?   Also has anyone looked into shuttle services?  We are having our event in Duck and many of our guests want to stay in Kitty Hawk since it is cheaper?   Any info would be appreciated!  Happy Planning Everyone!

Re: Steel Drum Band, Cake.

• robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we loved marsha johnson with great cakes of the obx.  she's very nice.  i highly recommend the key lime bliss cake flavor - awesome.  if you'd like to see pics, please email me at robynjkrastel@yahoo.com.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I just did a tasting at Argyles and booked them. Jeff was our contact there and he was great. The food and the cake was delicious! We were very excited to be able to have them as our caterer.
  • edited December 2011
    Shuttle service, Sandy tours does an awesome job, and their shuttle buses are very nice. Do not use the Beach Bus they aren't professional at all and their buses look horrible.
  • edited December 2011
    We are also using Sandy Beach Tours to do shuttles for our guests. Sandi is great to work with. She handles that kind of stuff all the time, so she gives great advice on what works best.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Argyle and the cake was wonderful! they also have alot of different options/flavors. Jeff was also our contact. But we ended up meeting with the owners for our tasting.
  • warcewarce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please keep us posted on any information you find out regarding One Love Steel Drum Band. I'd love to use them as well for a wedding in Corolla in May, but can't seem to locate any audio clips or video to review.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! I have booked Argyles for our reception/cake and my brother used them for his 10 years ago...awesome food, super nice people and realiable!!! Red Sky we are using for a "welcome party" also good food and good people! As for One Love,I have been in contact with them she told she wasn't one to like to make a reservation a year in advance, which in turn makes me a little nervous, does anyone have something similar? I couldn't find any sound examples, but the reviews we good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards