Texas-San Antonio
Options

General RSVP annoyance

I set my date a month away from my wedding, hoping that this might encourage people to send their RSVPs in and not be stressed.Of course, loads of people have not sent them in yet. So far, I had not had the people adding extra names to the RSVP thing happen yet. Of course, I opened a late RSVP today AND it had an extra name on it. And it is a friend of my fiance's family who I do not know (and he doesn't even know). Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the issue?Thanks.~Julie

Re: General RSVP annoyance

• Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the best way to handle it is to explain to the rude guest that you intended the invitation to be for them and you only have so many people you can invite etc. You just have to have the awkward conversation unless you are able to squeeze the extra person in and would rather do that. HTH!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would pretty much tell them you don't have enough space to accommodate the extra guest due to xyz reason. Be polite but firm :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since neither you or FI know this person, I think his parents need to talk to them (assuming they are the ones who put them on the guest list).  Don't know if that's the "right" way to handle it, but I sure would be uncomfortable calling someone I didn't even know to tell them they can't bring their extra guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a tough situation. I would have the conversation with them myself. Is it already after your dead line? If so, you could just tell them that since you hadnt heard back from them you just counted for the number of people on the invite and that you are sorry but can not accomadate any extras. Unless its a their kid that you didnt know about. This is a sticky situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards