Alabama

Gown in Birmingham??

Hi, Where would you shop for wedding gowns in Birmingham? I live in MS and my mother lives in TN, so we are meeting halfway in Birmingham to go dress shopping for the first time. Of course, I'll look up stores on the web, but I knew you ladies would know best!Thanks in advance!

Re: Gown in Birmingham??

• edited December 2011
    I'm in Bham, but didn't actually get my dress here. I've heard that the White Room Bridal Salon in Helena (suburb of B'ham) is excellent, also Carriage House (I think it's in Homewood - another suburb). You might also try Diane's Formal Affair in Jasper (about 45 min. from B'ham). June's Brides, if it's still open is another. That is/used to be in Hoover. I'll let you know if I think of any more. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Bella Couture in Mt. Laurel. It's probably smaller than some of the other places I've heard about, but they are very nice and had really pretty dresses! If you aren't ready to purchase your dress it might be a good place to figure out what styles look best on you. That was what I was originally going to do, but ended up falling in love with the very first dress I tried on!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all! I have an appointment at The White Room! yay! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Megan- I live in Bham, getting married in NOLA, and bought my dress at The White Room.  Its very off the beaten path, but they are incredible.  I always joked about that show, "Say Yes to the Dress," and how I knew NO girl found their dress in one appt.  They are so good at what they do, I happened to go  by myself one day with no real idea of what I wanted- to just see what they had- and the second dress they pulled for me...I wept, I bought.  It's perfect!!  They rock. ~Magen
  • cmg9953cmg9953 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also go to Bridal Bliss in Homewood, AL.  Great shop! And great customer service.  Its down the street from Carriage House too, another bridal salon.  If you want to drive, there is a salon in Jasper, AL that has a huge selection as well (Diannes Formal Affair).Happy shopping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards