Favors
Options

favors

I wanted to know since I am getting chocolate favors, and was told to order about two weeks in advance, how long before my wedding should I really order the favors?  I am adding gift tags and ribbon onto them myself. I am getting married November 14th, 2009. I dont want to order them too close or too early either so they would melt. Any advice?

Re: favors

• Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm 11/14 bride also:))) Its coming up, are you excited? So, my favors are 2 x 2 white, italian boxes and I'm going to wrap them with a ribbon (with a bow tie) and then on the front of the box, the side that will be facing the guest, I'll stick a small tag with our initials and date. I will try to get that thick, padded tape, not sure what its called, so the tag is kind of 3D (sorry if my explanation is not the best). I am placing a Rochero Fererro into them. I'm going to buy them end of Sept, beginning of Oct...so 6 weeks before. I won't keep my in the refrigerator, probably pantry. Hope this information helps and good luck :)
  • Options
    mbutaflymbutafly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reply! Yea, its so exiting that its just short of two months away! I guess I am getting so excited but slightly overwhelmed with all that has to be done in these last few weeks. Thanks for the idea. I will keep that in mind that the time of year may not harm the candy which is good. I wish you the best and hope you have a happy and fulfilling life together. Best wishes.Melissa
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt - DO NOT REFRIGERATE OR FREEZE THE CHOCOLATE!!!!! Cool/dry/dark place is what you want. My 1st DD to get married had a candy bar back in 05.  I checked with each candy company to find out the shelf life of their product and how to read a date code so I would know it would be fresh enough.  They were ALL happy to supply the info. Fresh chocolate favors will have a longer shelf life than 2 weeks.  check with the company, but I would think you could order them know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards