Iowa-Des Moines

Bridal Shower Locations in Ames?

I'm looking for a place to host my sister's bridal shower, and I'd like to have it somewhere in Ames we could bring in our own food, but rent out the room with tables, chairs etc. I know the AmericInn has a meeting room off the pool that allows food to be brought it, but I'm looking for other ideas similar to this. Thanks ladies!

Re: Bridal Shower Locations in Ames?

• edited December 2011
    I live in Ames and have been thinking all day about your post.  It seems that every options that pops in my head...you would have to use their food.  You could always do it at a park...but wasn't sure if the weather would be right.  Is she marrying in a church in Ames?  That could be an option.  Another option is there is a hall in Story City right next to the carousel.  It's super cute and you can bring your own food.  I think you have to put a deposit down...but pretty sure you get that back after cleaning up.  If you have any questions let me know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your ideas, I grew up in Ames too and I can't think of any either, lol, as noted by the post. :) My sis is getting married in DSM, but I am going to try calling the church we are getting married at and see about using their hall. It's funny you mention the Lodge is Story City because that is where we are having our rehearsal dinner and I never even thought about using it for the shower! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards