New York-Long Island
Options

Wedding Accommodations question if not OOTG

i live in fla getting married in ny - i am obviously giving wedding accomodation info to my OOTG. i'm getting married at Giorgio's - baiting hollow, LI. i have some guests coming from bklyn - like an hour and half away. should i give them hotel info too??? did you give in towner's hotel info? not sure - please help! thanks!

Re: Wedding Accommodations question if not OOTG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am putting a hotel card in my invites so that the guests from the city have an option. My mother is contacting the OOT guests with hotel info once the STDs go out.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend the Holiday Inn of Cty Rd 58 the hotel will provide shuttle service. The Holiday Inn is Family owned and operated. You can also look into in getting a coach bus for your guests. Holiday Inn Express Rita (631) 548 - 1007
  • Options
    shortkakeshortkake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same thing. It gives people the option. But I did let OOT guest know first ,just in case rooms booked up quickly with guest who didn't really need them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I guess if people are coming from a couple of hours away, it's a good idea to include!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Eileen, The holiday Inn's booked for my weekend. I even contacted a year before. I blocked at the best western (their sister hotel). They are also in the process of remodeling this winter so it should look really nice. I loved the Holiday Inn though, but it was booked:( Best Western does the shuttle too:) I checked out the Hilton Garden Inn, which was very nice, but NO shuttle. Plus, I'd like everyone to stay at 1 hotel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have rooms blocked at the Holiday Inn Express in Riverhead....Just note that they only provide a 14 person shuttle for every 15 rooms that get booked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd put one in every invitation. Sometimes people who are only coming even half an hour or less away want to stay over so they can drink and/or make a local get away of it. Good idea to alert out of towners first. Let them know there are only a certain number of rooms held so they should act quickly. Also, find out if your hotel/motel will let you add rooms to hold as you start running out. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked a block of rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn which is absolutely gorgeous. We had tried to get accommodations at the Best Western and the Holiday Inn but after 4 phone calls and even stopping by once to speak in person they just blew me off. I do wish that the Hilton had a shuttle but oh well. As far as informing people I sent the info to all the OOTers plus whomever I thought might want to stay the night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lovespippin, the hilton is goregeous....it stinks that there's no shuttle. i'm from fla and went to the giorgio's showcase back in july and stopped into the holiday inn - booked already. went to best western luckily - free. i ended up doing the same thing you did- gave info to OOTG and who i thought might want to stay if they end up drinking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards