Ohio-Toledo
Options

photographer and/or videographer

I would like to know if anyone has suggestions for a photographer and/or a videographer.  I am working with a really tight budget, I don't want to skimp on the photographer but would like to find the most reasonably priced.  I would really love a videographer as well, but again price is an issue and this may have to be taken off my budget list.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am new to the board and am still in the early planning stages, need lots of help and direction.   

Re: photographer and/or videographer

• Options
    SarahNTylerSarahNTyler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but I have the same problem your having...I want a good photographer(MIL says pictures are the only thing you have left after the wedding), but my parents are paying for it and don't have tons of money.  I checked out website after website, checking prices and quality of photos...I found prices from 800 to 2800, but I think I find someone reasonable with GREAT pictures...Serendipity by Gerri!(www.serendipitybygerri.com) She has packages from 850 to 2750, but theres a package in between thats just right for me for 1550 (taxes already included).  I guess its really depends on what you want to spend and what you consider quality photos...I'm interested to see what the other girls with have to say because I'm right there with you...I need lots of help and direction! So girls if you have any comments on Serendipity or other photographers let me know?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jennifer from Moments by JEM.  She is seriously SO nice and I love her pictures.  (momentsbyjem.com) I've seen a lot of great pictures by Kris from Kreativ Imaging.  He's from the Detroit area, but I'm pretty sure he would travel.  His most expensive package is around 1500.  (kreativimaging.com)Amanda Williams also does really great work (also from Detroit area).  Her assistant Jen takes great pictures too.(amandawilliamsphotography.com)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Sarah J Photoghraphy (www.sarahjphoto.net). She was really fun to work with and was reasonably priced. However, I know that she has raised her rates since we booked her a year and a half ago. Our videographer was Full Zoom (www.fullzoom.com). They have ala carte packages that you can add things singly instead of getting packages. This might be a more economical route to take. Our video turned out great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same boat as you and I just booked Lifeprint Studios. The photographer is Nicholas Edens and he has been fabulous. He created a package for me with 9 hours on the day of the wedding, 200 proofs in an album, an engagement session, and reprint rights for $1300. He also has some amazing albums to order and his photos are fantastic! I'm also planning our wedding from 4 hours away and he has been, by far, the easiest to work with. The website is www.lifeprintstudios.com. Good luck with the planning and congrats on your wedding!!
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you are choosing to balance price and quality, because there are a lot of low-cost photographers out there that are low-cost for a reason!!   That said, there are plenty of affordable photographers in the area that do GREAT work. Our wedding photography and videography were both done by New Image (www.niphoto.com).  They did a WONDERFUL job.  They're very honest and up front with everything and they have nice packages in all price ranges. My TTD photos were done by Everlasting Images (www.everlastingimages.biz) and they are also AWESOME.  They have nice packages as well, in a range of prices. Their style is a little more "artsy" and modern/fun.Both of these photographers also give you all of your digital images with reprint rights which is really, really nice and allows you to do your own prints (and even albums) if you want, to save even more money that way! I'd definitely recommend checking out the websites of photographers to see if you like their style.  Then, ask to see a FULL set of wedding photos (not just the "best" highlights that they promote with) so that you can really see all of their work.   I know that both new Image and Everlasting Images have full weddings up on the web for you to browse! Good luck!! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Danielle Luc, she is my childhood friend, but has started in the photography world, and does AMAZING work.  She is out of Fremont, but will travel.  She is traveling to Toledo for my wedding.  Her page is www.danielleluc.com she has her prices and packages on her page, or you can email her I am sure too.  I know she is already booking into 2011 for weddings!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Cathy Kautz and were very pleased. We paid $600 for about 8 hours of coverage and we went to one outdoor location. We negotiated with her and got a CD with all our pictures on it, instead of her giving us prints. She's wonderful to work with -- she's got a great attitude. Her website is www.cathyscapturedmoments.com. She took the picture in my siggy. For a videographer, we used a family friend and it was free. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used New Image Photo for our original engagement pictures and they sucked! They were rude and would not call me back, and then when my fiance went to get the pictures they were snotty and rude again, and our CD was just jumbled in a messy stack with other peoples CD's and they told us to dig through and find it ourselves....AND we had to make an appointment for it!!!!   So we found an AWESOME photographer named Jackie Wagler (jwaglerphotography.com) She will work with you with whatever budget you have and customize a package for you. I wanted to be able to buy the rights to my photos right away and she worked out an amazing package. She's super nice and re shot our engagement pictures which turned out EXACTLY how I wanted them.   Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second sarah j and we used inspired image for our videographer.  We loved both of them!
  • Options
    Ab42187Ab42187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Lindsay King Photography. She's out of southern Michigan but does work in Toledo. We used her for our wedding and got a really good package for a great price.http://www.lindsaykingphotos.com/
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so bummed to hear about New Image  :o(  They were my # 1 choice... Anyone have excellent experience from them??
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with New Image (see my post above). Let me know if you have any questions! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards