Wisconsin
Options

Tux Rental

Where are or did the guys get their tuxes for your wedding? Any good or bad reviews or experiences?

Re: Tux Rental

• Options
    laurakenlauraken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using men's warehouse, mainly because they have locations all over. So far good experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Men's Warehouse may be "everywhere"... but they are horrible. The measurements never seem to be right. If you are lucky, one person out of the whole wedding party will look good. It's worth is to do a little more research and find something else. I think of them as the Wal Mart of tux rental. At least reach for Target or Khol's of tuxes.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mens Warehouse has been great for us so far.  We wouldn't have had the great selection anywhere else.  Sorry pp had a bad experience with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had problems with Men's Wearhouse.  I wish we hadn't done tux rentals.  Things would be so much simpler if every wedding just did a black suit - dudes could buy one black suit and would only need a new tie.  But alas, I do not rule the world.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Men's Wearhouse because we had groomsmen all over.  There was a minor glitch in the beginning where they created two accounts, one with our coupon from a wedding show and one without, but it was discovered when the first guy went in to get measured.  All the suits fit well though, even for one of our ushers who is 6'9" and 350 lbs.  My husband had previously been in weddings where they rented suits from Savvi and they were way too short in the sleeves.  They even opened early the day of our wedding so my step-dad could pick up the correct tie for a groomsmen (it was our fault that we had forgotten to update them that he would be a groomsman and not an usher and needed a different colored tie).  I do kind of agree with the last post...I wish I had considered just buying ties for all the guys and had them wear black suits, but I think that would have been a lot more expensive for the men that would need to buy a suit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also used MW - and had a not so good experience.  Check out my vendor review in my bio but basically none of the guys had the correct ties or vests and the ushers had the completely wrong tux.  It was just a big mess and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used MW and had one major issue.  They sent DH's tux to Madison, but we live in Milwaukee.  We set up the rental in Milwaukee and the wedding was in Milwaukee.  Luckily for MW, the best man lives in Madison and was able to pick up the tux before he came down for the rehearsal dinner.  MW did refund the total amount for DH's tux, but it was stress that we really didn't need the day before the wedding.  I think having the guys all wear black suits is a wonderful idea.  DH stood up in a wedding this summer and they did this.  He bought a suit jacket and pants for the same price it would have cost to rent a tux.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So the consensus is men's warehouse isn't the best.  Where else can you rent in the Milwaukee or Suburb area then?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought MW filed for bankruptcy and was closing stores...I would be careful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're renting through Savvy Bride in Brookfield. Groomsmen can get measured at any professional shop and then fax/email in to the shop. The girls there are great to work with. Prices were comparable to many other shops...although cheaper than MW (if I remember correctly).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Savvy Bride for our tuxes & had a great experience with them. I thought the prices were comparable to other places & because we got my dress and the bridesmaids dresses there we were able to get a discount & make sure everything looked great together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards