Texas-Houston
Options

Vargo's Reviews...???

Sooo... I need you all's help. Babe and I went to Vargo's on Friday, and we LOVE it! Here's the problem: I googled Vargo's and read a few reviews on it. They were pretty mixed. That makes me nervous. One customer {that was having her wedding there} complained that they kept changing management and other complaints. That bothers me!!!

Have any of you had  a wedding there or attended one? How was your experience?

TIA!

Re: Vargo's Reviews...???

• Options
    ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry I am not a help.  FI and I went for my prom back in the day and it was beautiful.  Then we took our engagement pics there two weeks ago! they were always really nice when I would call to reschedule our pics.  hope someone can help ya out!!
  • Options
    lasaggie08lasaggie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only input I can give is that my grandmother reserved a room for my bridesmaid luncheon there and they bumped us from the "good room" for a larger party. Not cool! I was a bit shocked that they felt they could just bump us from our reservation for a slightly larger party.  So now we are having the luncheon at Brennans, which I think has better food anyways!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Vargo's a few years ago and thought it was gorgeous. The ceremony was at the gazebo outside and reception inside. Scenery was beautiful with lots of photo opportunities on the bridge and in the gardens. The food was delicious and the room was cozy. I don't really know too much about the actual planning side of it, but good luck!
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I already went there to see it myself and have all the pricing info. I just wanted to hear some outside opinions.
  • Options
    Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in November. I dealt with Lindsay. She was awesome!

At the time they did lose their GM, who is a good friend of my grandfather's and got us great deals. Although it did suck to lose him, they honored all if not most of what the former GM had promised us.

The staff was great, the food was as awesome as it was at the tasting. Prices weren't too bad. We had about 180 people there. We were going to have the ceremony outside at the gazebo but unfortunately at 4 when allt he guests were arriving and the ceremony was to start at 4:30, it started pouring.

We had to move the ceremony inside which was actually much better because it was performed on the stairs leading to the room and everyone could hear and see everything from the comfort of their tables.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards