Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Lipstick RAVE

I just have to share a great find, Knotties! My boyfriend HATES it when I wear lipstick because it always rubs off- that and he hates the feeling of it. But of course I'm going to wear it on the big day and the last thing I want is for him to look like he was sucking on a lollipop in all the photographs! So I was on a mission to find a lipstick that doesn't come off but lasts all day and into the night.AND I found it! Cover Girl makes a felt-tip-marker-like version that goes on easy and lasts all day.  You can give your lips a cherry, strawberry or raspberry stain and add a layer of balm on top (is you want).  The color will stick around and the texture will feel like chapstick.I'm obviously going to go without the balm on top. <3

Re: Lipstick RAVE

• Options
    I'm a dancer, and in the past I've used a Cover Girl lip stain/gloss duo (the double-ended one) for dance recitals and stuff, and found I didn't like it at all. First of all, it dried the hell out of my lips. And secondly, the stain started to wear off gradually on the inner part of my lips (I guess I'm a nervous lip-licker or something) so towards the end of the night, all that was left was color around the outside of my lips, like lipliner. I looked ridiculous. Is this product any better than their previous lip stain?
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I've never used any of the past stains- stains are brand new to me. But I haven't had any problems yet. This one isn't double ended. Instead it really is just like a marker and you color your lips in (so to speak). If you'd like I will continue wearing it everyday this week and can get back to you to REALLY make sure it doesn't act the same way the old ones did. I only just got this one yesterday. But I can say I'm a constant gum chewer and I like to blow bubbles and the gum hasn't worn off the stain yet. =)
  • Options
    Awesome! I'm really curious, because my FI is like yours in that he hates lipstick/gloss ruboff.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I just bought Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour by MAC and it is awsome.  It will not come off when you kiss....I've tried it even on my hand.  Great stuff.
  • Options
    ditto the Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour by MAC- great formula and definitely long-lasting.  but it does need to be worn with a gloss so your lips don't dry out.
  • Options
    I use those too, but I'm not in love with them and certainly not for formal occasions. first of all, if you have dry lips, they just stain the dry skin which flakes off. then you have patches. and they don't last all day on me. also, it's too sheer for me and doesn't show up in pictures well.I'll use mine the way most people use lip liner--as kind of a base to give my lips some color for when the lipstick wears off. for my wedding day, I'll probably use the cover girl outlast stuff (the kind that dries out your lips). this way I KNOW my lipcolor will last and show up in pictures. I'll just have to make sure I keep chapstick close on hand (my FI actually likes when I wear just chapstick, then he gets some too).

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Michelle, I just have to say that your wedding is the EXACT theme I'm going for (just checked out your bio). The black & white damask with aqua is my color scheme! LOL Great minds think alike ;)
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I LOVE MAC Prolongwear!!!!!!!! I found that if you put it on a few hours before you need to go somewhere like a party/dinner/etc and then REAPPLY right before, adding the second application of color makes a huge difference. I tried it on at the store around 3pm and then reapplied around 7pm before dinner and literally woke up the next morning and it still looked perfect. I've also just applied it once and it seems to not look as good without the second application.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards