Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Beauty timeline

Hey ladies - does anyone have a good idea how long wedding day beauty will take? I'm having someone come to the hotel where I'll be getting ready to do my hair and makeup and  think my bridesmaids want to get their hair done as well. I just don't know how many hours prior to leaving for the ceremony the beauticians will need to be there.Also, I've heard differing opinions on this - should I get done first or last? (First, I know I'll be done on time but have to "hold up" for longer....etc)Thanks!

Re: Beauty timeline

• Options
    you probably should ask the hair and makeup people how much time they will need based on what they will have to do.  im still deciding if i want mine to come to me at the venue, or if i will go to the salon in the morning.  my wedding is at 3, i want to be dressed and ready at 2, so for me, they told me 11 am if i go to the salon, 12 if we do it there.  basically 2 hours for my hair and makeup.  if you add in the bridesmaids, you definitely need to allow a lot of time for them to get done too.
  • Options
    My hair/makeup people say 2 hours for the bride (1 hour hair, 1 hour makeup) and 1 hour for party (30 min. hair, 30 min. makeup) so count backwards from when you need to be at the church and plan accordingly.  If it's getting tight on time, you can probably hire a 2nd artist, which is what we're doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards