Texas-Austin
Options

Reception Food ideas for Star Hill Ranch?

I am planning a March Wedding at Star Hill Ranch. I am looking for any ideas on tasty, affordable catering. We are considering Tacodeli, Curra's Grill, or something like these. Any ideas on good, yummy reception food?Thanks, K

Re: Reception Food ideas for Star Hill Ranch?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Southern's Fine Dining! Chef Steve Southern can do any kind of menu you want, and is really good about working with all kinds of budgets. The website doesn't have much of anything on it yet, but don't let that deter you from contacting him! [url]http://www.southernsfinedining.com[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for Star Hill!We used Dagar's catering and I found their pricing to be extremely reasonable. We did stations with them -- a BBQ station, a Southern fried chix station, and a fajita station.The food was great but it was also a HUGE advantage to have a caterer who has worked there a lot.  She had great recommendations on how to use the space and also easily knew the best places for their set-up, etc.  I think I was just as happy that we chose them for that reason!  Their service was also really, really great. 
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for another Star Hill bride! I have heard good things about Dagar's and a friend just booked them for her April wedding.  Mattjenniwedding and somethingsweeting (geeze I hope I got their names right, haha) are doing BBQ. I know somethingsweeting is using Uncle Billy's. I got a price quote from Uncle Billy's and they are affordable... $8-10/person depending if you want 2 meats, 3 sides or vice versa. Their sides are so tasty! Mattjenniwedding is using a family friend who is starting his own company, Iron Works BBQ. I have talked to them a few times and they are super nice and accomodating. I am looking forward to meeting with them to taste the BBQ goodness.We want BBQ too but have yet to decide who we're going with because FI is currently deployed and food is basically the only thing he cares about... so I have to wait for him to get back to make any decisions! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dang, look at Kelsy go! haha. Ya, we're using Billy's and we've been really happy with them! Branch BBQ off of Wells Branch up North is really good and so cheap, too. I think they quoted 7.50 per head for three sides, three meats, water, delivery, service, etc. And it's pretty good!
  • Options
    foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Star Hill in May. I'm using Pink Avocado. Brenton and Courtney have been a breeze to work with. They've done many receptions there. Their price is awesome. The food is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We're getting fajitas for dinner and a variety of mexican food apps. All of the plasticware is eco-friendly which is a plus for us.   
  • Options
    rachaelj99rachaelj99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto for Pink Avocado.  I used them for my June wedding at SHR and they did a good job.  I think they can pretty much do whatever you want and their prices were great.  Especially if you have a ton of people to feed!!
  • Options
    klh29klh29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the ideas! This helps with my brainstorming! There are so many possibilities!: ) K
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards