Texas-San Antonio
Options

Question about the Pearl Stable

For those having the reception there are you also getting married there or somewhere else? I'm from OOT town and I'm going to look at the PS in about a month but it just seems to big to also do the ceremony there. I was looking at the Chapel at Trinity since that is where my parents got married but the restrictions seem really tight. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Re: Question about the Pearl Stable

• Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married there but I was considering it at one point. The guy I spoke to told me people have had their ceremony there before. They have the stage which is usually where the bride/groom can be married at. Your guests would just be seated at their tables for the ceremony. I'm not sure how many guests you are having but I could see how the venue would be a bit overwhelming if your guestlist is not too big. Or maybe they could set up chairs on the dance floor for the ceremony only. That way it's a bit more intimiate. I also asked about having a ceremony outside and they said that could be accomodated as well. Hope this helps. The PS is absolutely beautiful! I wanted to have my reception there but the price was just out of my budget. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I looked, the guy told me a lot of people have the ceremony just outside the main entrance.  I've seen pictures of it and it's beautiful.  I just think it depends on how many guests you want.  Like pp, I really wanted to have my reception there, but my date was booked....looking back, it would have totally blown my budget, too.
  • Options
    Ally55Ally55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls this helps a lot. I know yall both talked about budget, their price is listed on the website, are their hidden cost I should know about? Also, I have only seen a few pictures of weddings from the inside, do you know where I can find some of people having the ceremony outside? Also, how far out where you from your wedding when your date is already booked?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know much about the Pearl Stable, but I can tell you that the event coordinator, Kelly, is great.  She used to work with my venue and was great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was 13 months out, I'm pretty sure.Hidden costs, well not really hidden, but things that would have jacked the cost up that I'm not having to pay at my venue: 12% charge on all food and alchol; required to have bartender and you have to buy your alcohol from a licensed provider.  Pricing on alcohol is much higher when purchased through a caterer or bar service compared to what you can buy it for yourself.  Also, security is $25/hr (typical rate) but you have to have 1 per 100 guests that must be there 1/2 hr. before and 1/2 hr. after your reception.  My reception hall only requires 1 per 150 guests and I don't have to have them there for that extra hour.This might not sound like much, but it would have cost us about $2,000+ more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards